Home Buying in Brea>Question Details

Jenny Erin, Home Buyer in Maryland

AFFORDABLE HOUSING, FAMILY FRIENDLY, GREAT SCHOOLS

Asked by Jenny Erin, Maryland Thu Mar 8, 2012

HI MY husband and I are moving out to California. He's being relocated to bank of America in Brea, CA. I am a pediatric clinical nurse specialist so we would like to be within a 30 min commute from Bank of America and a children's hospital if possible or a hospital that has pediatric units. We currently live in MD. We would like to stay around $350k max for a 3/2 home in an area with good schools and family friendly. We have two large dogs so fenced in backyard is a plus..
I know home prices are much different out here compared to MD.. I did notice 4/3 2500 sq ft homes around 300k n less in Corona and Riverside ...I have no clue about the area but noticed schools didn't look good ..
We currently have a small farmette with horses so we would board at this point .. our kids are 3&7 yrs old. Are there such things as master communities with pools ?
Any advice
Jenny

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Brea

Answers

9
Hi Jenny,

There are many any areas in Orange County that you could go to, in my personal opinion the best school district is in the city of Irvine. Irvine is a family oriented community and one of the safest cities in the country. It's about 25 to 30 minutes from Brea. Look into Tustin Ranch and Anaheim Hills as well...these are great communities too. If you need any further assistant don't hesitate to contact me.
Hi Jenny,
I'd recommend doing a home tour of all the areas before you settle on one specific area. I do this all the time for my clients who are relocating from out of state. I have two boys ages 5 and 8 so I understand your concerns with schools. We do have some great communities in Orange County but your home will be much smaller than you'd get if you did go to Corona. We can talk about that when you get here. Congrats on the job. You will love living in SoCal!
Let me know how I can help.
Aaron Zapata, MBA, Relocation Certified
714-904-7877
Web Reference: http://www.aaronzapata.com
yes, you would most likely get a larger home in corona, and on a map it may look like a 30 min commute to Brea, but there are times it will be a much longer commute, depending on the time of day your traveling. Our freeways here can be a mess. There is a children's hospital in the city of Orange (CHOC-Childrens Hospital of Orange County). You can make it to Brea from parts of Orange in 30 mins. Other Cities you may want to search besides Brea and Orange are Anaheim Hills, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda. Some of these cities do have horse property too.
Hi, my name is Lance, and I represent a great family owned escrow company, that can really help save you money on your closing costs, and the service we provide is fantastic! When you find a house of your dreams, down here in Brea, remember to choose Lance with Prominent escrow... We are right in the heart of Brea, and it would be an honor to have an opportunity to work with you! My direct line is 714 423-6882 and my email is lance@prominentescrow.com

Have a great day!!
If the houses in Brea are too small and older, then you may want to give Corona a shot. Sounds like you're looking for a bigger home. The commute is about 30 minutes to an hour depending on the traffic. I have family members that have children in the Corona school district. They had good experiences and positive feedback about the school district. Norco is another area adjacent to Corona where you can buy horse properties in the 350k range. Click on the link below to search for homes on my website. This connection is a direct link to the MLS. All the info is current and up to date by the minute.
Hi Jenny,
As mentioned, your price range would most likely place you in a larger condo in Brea. However, Orange, Placentia, Anaheim, and Fullerton are neighboring cities where we could easily find you 3 bedroom, 2 bath homes for $350k or less, and they're all in close proximity to CHOC (Childrens Hospital of Orange County), located in the city of Orange.

In addition, schools in Fullerton are nationally acclaimed; Troy High School (Fullerton District) is always ranked within the top 1,000 high schools in the nation (according to Newsweek's annual publication), and usually within the top 10. Many schools in Orange are also wonderful, and some Orange, CA neighborhoods fall within the Villa Park School District, which is highly sought after.
Placentia and portions of Anaheim fall within the Placentia Yorba Linda Unifiied School District, which are also nationally recognized, award winning schools, and always rank very high in Newsweek's Best 1,000 list each year.

As for boarding your horses, Corona, Fullerton, Orange Park Acres and Yorba Linda, would be areas to check into, that are close and equestrian friendly.

I believe that your family will love California, and I'm so glad to hear that you're moving to our beautiful area!
If you'd like to look at available homes in the cities that I've mentioned, please click on the included link to my website. You can also read about all of these "North Orange County Communities" in detail, on my site.

If I can be of further assistance, or send you a list of homes in your price range, please contact me.
Good Luck & welcome to Southern California!
Gina Lemos
Thank you but those homes are too small ...
Hi Erin, i currently reside and have kids in school here in Brea, CA. Brea is a great city to live in, but because of the desirability and limited inventory of homes prices can be higher than Corona. I can find you a home, but it will not be what your used to. I recommend to avoid a long commute to another inexpensive area for your husband and buy in Brea or a neighboring city. Check out my website to look up Brea city information. http://Www.Royalagent.net
Web Reference: http://Royalagent.net
I would look at Whittier CA =) Search set up for you below ...

http://www.cballiancerealestate.com/idx/city/whittier-/?idx-…

Lemme know if you would like an intro to an Agent in that office, I do a lot of training for them, and know them well. they are also #1 in that city for ever!

The RECoach

and Welocome!!! =)