Home Buying in Atlantic City>Question Details

kellygrn68, Home Buyer in Ventnor, NJ

AC Foreclosure Pros! How do I find more info on various foreclosures without having to sign up for Realtytrac?

Asked by kellygrn68, Ventnor, NJ Thu Jan 17, 2013

Answers

5
RealtyTrac utilizes multiple free and fee based data sources and aggregates this info. If you seek information about foreclosure properties, your options are as follows:

1) Pay a service, such as RealtyTrac for the ease and convenience of an aggregated data source.

2) Engage the services of a REALTOR who has familiarity with the market niche you seek. A buyer agent who knows the area well who can access various data sources to value add to their neighborhood expertise.

3) Engage the services of a REALTOR who specializes in REOs who has expertise in foreclosures and can utilize tools to add any necessary neighborhood info.

4) Perform your own research. You can use 'free' tools only. In addition to internet searches, visit your local township offices for tax data and tax status (including items which are treated as tax beyond property taxes) county recorder for deed info, and courthouse for updates on legal proceedings.

Note: REALTORS do not rely solely on free tools via the internet. REALTORS utilize fee based tools through their associations as well as individually purchased tools. The information available to a REALTOR may supersede that which you can source on your own for free. If, however, you wish to invest the time and money, you would be able to find out the same facts and history on properties as would a REALTOR. At that point, utilizing - or not - a RELATOR becomes a choice based on whether you believe the experience and input from a trusted advisor has value.

Finding the right REALTOR, in my opinion, is the most efficient and cost effective route, while simultaneously reducing your risk since the input of a skilled REALTOR could help your outcome through better decisions.

However, in the alternative......... your sources are:

Township Offices - Tax data. Tax liens? Sewer liens? Past due water bills can become taxable liens against a property in municipalities where water is provided by the township. If water is provided by an independent water company, not so. Title transfers. History of taxes. Zoning office. Planning Office. Permits properly filed for all work performed?

County Offices - Deeds, liens filed? Scheduled sale dates? Postponements? Title transfers?

Courthouse - Updates on legal proceedings.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 17, 2013
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
In addition to working with a Realtor, you can also find then right here on Trulia.
Hi Kelly

Work with a Realtor and you will get it for free, but do buy from them.

The County recorders office or outside the court house, if you want it free.

Work with the many fine agents who respond to your above question.

Perry
Hello Kelly:

Public records from county clerk's office is always an option; it depends on what information you're looking for. Sites like Realtytrac get their information from county records, it's just more convenient to go through them and pay for the services.
Are you looking for information on particular properties, or are you just browsing for a broader list? In any event, I can set you up to get auto emails on foreclosures that hit the market. Or simply visit my website, http://www.haderrivas.com, hit the property search tab, then foreclosures. It'll give you info on foreclosures and pre-foreclosures, from my source - RealtyTrac. Email me on those that interest you.
http://www.haderrivas.com/remaxnj/index.asp?p=findahome.asp&…
However, if you're zeroed in on a certain property then email me the info and I'll get back to you with the details. My email is hrivassr@topproducer.com.
Hey, my office is in Northfield, and I will refer you to the best of the best if you're looking for short sales and foreclosures.

Contract me now!