Going Green in 19473>Question Details

Kathy Lomona…, Real Estate Pro in ,

What do you know about clean & green program?

Asked by Kathy Lomonaco, Realtor KW, , Tue Mar 25, 2014

I've heard the term 'clean & green' related to property and what the property needs to qualify for that label....what is this about and what are the benefits? Is it a tax benefit?

Hi Kathy, My husband and I currently own a home in clean & green. It can be a great option to lower your taxes if you own 10 or more acres of land. Here is a link with the most up to date information:

Jennifer Davidheiser
The Real Estate Professionals, Inc
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 24, 2014
In Pennsylvania, we have something called Act 319 - the Pennsylvania Farmland and Forest Land Assessment Act (Clean and Green). It is a state law passed in 1974, and amended in 1998 by Act 156 that allows land parcels which are 10 acres or more in size and which are devoted to agricultural and forest land use, to be assessed at value for that use rather than Fair Market Value. The intent of the act is to encourage property owners to retain their land in agricultural or forestland use, and to provide some tax relief to land owners.