617-461-4691…, Real Estate Pro in Somerville, MA

There seem to be many different companies that are competing to install solar panels on residential roofs. Can anyone here recommend one over another?

Asked by 617-461-4691 Erik Hook, Somerville, MA Fri Feb 7, 2014

Answers

2
Hi Erik,

Are you considering paying cash for the unit, leasing it, or purchasing it on time (which usually puts a lien on the home)?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 7, 2014
Hi Craig and thank-you for asking. I'd guess that these are all options, and that each company might offer one or more of them. I think that the technology is likely to evolve and improve over time, so it might be best to lease, since an upgrade 10 years may be desirable. From amongst the payment options, do you find that the various companies are similarly priced? or is there a wide variance ? Have you looked into this for your home? or a clients home recently?
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
I don't know about the actual installers, however I recommend looking into solar shingles. A new zero-energy builder my team is working with just signed a deal with Dow for their PowerHouse shingles. Not only are they sleek and discreet but they also don't void your roofing warranty as solar panels sometimes do.