Going Green in 34695>Question Details

Susan, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

I am Interested in converting to solar energy

Asked by Susan, Boston, MA Tue Apr 7, 2009

If I move to the Safety Harbor Area are there any homes on the market that would allow this? What are the local laws about this matter?

Answers

2
There are no specific laws prohibiting solar energy, however, you may have to deal with residential deed restrictions depending on the style or size of solar usage. Florida is wonderful because we have so much sun light. You can buy solar attic vents, solar water heaters and many pools are heated by solar power. Good luck with your search!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 7, 2009
Hello Susan,
Safety Harbor is one of my favorite cities in this area. Just last weekend they had a chalk art festival which drew a good number of citizens and visitors to the quint downtown and harbor front. Todays newspaper featured Safety Harbors plan to plant a tree in any residents front yard...FREE!
All communites will allow solar applications for energy conserving purposes. Many communities will require these devices to be placed in a position so they are not visible from the street, just as they must currently do for heating the pool and hot water.
There are numerous county programs and power company assistance plans that you will find useful in optimizing your new home for sustainable green living.
When you're ready to make your move don't hesitate to give me a call
Annette Lawrence, ReMax ACR ELite Group, Inc
727. 420. 4041
Web Reference: http://www.mydunedin.com