General Area in Richmond>Question Details

Jennifer, Other/Just Looking in White, GA

where can i find a list of properties recently sold in richmond - commercial not residential?

Asked by Jennifer, White, GA Thu Oct 16, 2008

Answers

4
The realtors have access to this information but they do not like to release it. After all they have commissions to protect - the higher the selling price - the higher their commission. Now what I suggest
regardless of whether you are looking in VA or other states is to start locating where you might consider
living and then start to look at that area by using real estate records, tax maps, or whatever source that
community might have available. If you truly have a realtor worth anything, they can provide this information in relationship to a specific property. If they won't - get another realtor. Realtors act like price is a well kept secret not to be disclosed to the public - but truth is - it is public record! I will add this - be careful about comparing apples to oranges. The same house in the same neighborhood might be priced different because of upgrades or other improvements - be sure to check everything. Ask that the seller give you a disclosure of any insurance claims - you might find problems such as water damage, etc. Be aggressive - don't fall for the new paint job or new landscaping. Granite countertops are nice, but if the heating and air-conditioning is outdated - these are much more expensive to replace than a countertop. Another thing - do your own home inspection with the home inspector. Most of these people have problems looking or spotting things. Take a homeowner who has done their own work or maintenance with you - fathers, brothers or in-laws. They know where to look for rot or problems and will like helping. Give them a small token gift for their time and effort - it is well worth it. A house is one of the most expensive items that you will purchase - do not leave it to chance or rush things. Good luck.
Contact the City or County Assessment Office. Henrico has a number thay you can call and they will fax you infrmation. The staff us als very helpful and they have computers there and people to help you search the Henrico records. I hope this helps!
Jennifer, your question is rather general in nature. A general answer would be tax records - the county land records office would have the information, but you'd really need to know what you were looking for. There are likely more efficient ways to find what you're looking for. I know some commercial agents, appraisers and the like, in that area. However, to direct you to the right person, I'd have to know more about your specific needs. Please feel free to contact me at vchrisner@kw.com or 703-669-3142
Hello, Jennifer,

Although I am not a commercial Realtor, perhaps a commercial Realtor would be able to run a search of recent sold properties and email that to you. That would be assuming that the property was listed in MLS. Otherwise you could contact a commercial Realtor, who may have another source of recent solds in the Richmond area.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any other questions.

Barbara A. Reagan
Long & Foster Realtors