General Area in 32141>Question Details

Meema4, Home Owner in 32141

where can I get a copy of my deed?

Asked by Meema4, 32141 Thu Mar 29, 2012

You should have been provided with a copy at the closing, so check your closing documents. Also, you could try your county clerk's office. The deed should be on file there. If you used an attorney, the attorney should also have a copy in their file.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 29, 2012
I disagree with your answer to this question Ray. The title company would be my last resort. I am a real estate title researcher in the state of Florida so this may or may not apply in your jurisdiction. The reason I state not contacting the title company is because they will in fact charge you something to pull an old file and will most likely direct you to the clerk of court and not want to be bothered. (the statement that the copy should be free is not correct). Clerk's and recording offices nationwide have fees that are charged for copies. In the state of Florida, it is a standard rate of $1.00 per page and also additional fees if certification is required. Per Florida statute, the clerk of court is not permitted to help you conduct a title search or give you any type of legal advice.

Document Retrieval and title search companies are best to insure you are receiving exactly what you are needing.
Absolutely contact the title company or the county in which the property is located. You should not need to pay for a copy.