General Area in Philadelphia>Question Details

Amanda, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

what's my best option if i want to live in the city & need my car as well as ensure parking for a guest?

Asked by Amanda, Philadelphia, PA Mon Jun 4, 2012

Answers

8
Natalie Rounick & Jared Kotler’s answer
It depends if you are looking to rent or buy and what area of the city you want to live. We are happy to discuss this with you. Feel free to contact us.
Natalie and Jared
215-839-9223
jared@usspaces.com
jared@phillycondostore.com
Hi Amanda,

It all depends on your budget and size requirements.
Please feel free to call me to discuss your situation.

I'd be glad to help you.

Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Cell/Text: (267) 254-7994
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 5, 2012
There are condos in Philadelphia where you have parking for your car as well as guest parking. If you want to live in center city it may not be that easy . It depends on where you want to live in the city.
Unless you purchase a property with a garage and driveway, you and your guests will be subject to "hunting" for parking spots. That is what could happen in most of the areas close to "center city" . But depending on the price range, as you go further away from "center city" there are many neighborhoods that have parking, driveways, good size back yards and even in ground pools.
Getting yourself "pre approved" to give "US" a workable price range should be your next step.
Al Rappa, Jr.
Associate Broker
EXiT Benchmark Realty
610-504-5466 (mobile)
In Northeast Philly you can find nice houses with off street parking and yard space that are convenient to public transportation and also to major roadways. In the heart of center city what your looking for is not as easy to find but I would be glad assist you. I would need more information such as specific area, price range and whether you are looking to rent or buy. Please call if you would like more information.

Frank Yost
ReMax Keystone
(215) 885-8900
(215) 825-8158 Direct
The city is big. Depends on you price range and what neighborhood you want to be in. In Center City, a 2br with 2car parking can be $4,400/mo. In other parts of the city, you can get a 3br townhouse with easy street parking. I would really need more information to best guide you.

Feel free to email me your criteria.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
Hello Amanda, There are a few condos in Center city that offer parking at the basement level for residents and for a small fee guests.
Others have lease agreements with parking garages.

If you want i can send you a few listings.....are you renting or buying?

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realty Mark Cityscape
267 738 0886
http://www.eRealtyFind.com
realexs@gmail.com
A couple options: you can move into Center City and buy/rent a place with parking for yourself and near a garage/lot for parking for a friend. Or you could buy/rent in an area where parking is easier and park on street. Some of these areas will be permit parking and will require your guest to park in a lot anyway. But some of Philly (most of Fishtown/S. Philly) is not metered and doesn't require permits.