General Area in 94582>Question Details

Jenny, Home Buyer in California

what is the real estate trend in san ramon, ca?

Asked by Jenny, California Fri Mar 30, 2012

is it the right time to invest real estate in san ramon? I like gated community.

Answers

10
The market in San Ramon is hot.... meaning its time to buy even though the inventory is low.
The real estate trend in San Ramon is trending up at the moment due to the fact that there is hardly any inventory coming on the market and there are oodles of buyers in the market. The San Ramon area is close enough to San Francisco and the Silicon Valley to make this a favorable area to live in. It is supported by the Bishop Ranch business park, PGE, and a lot of other strong companies. San Ramon houses the top elementary, middle and high school in the San Ramon Valley School district and this ultimately leads to increased property values in these locations. The rental market is also very tight. I believe there is a mini bubble that we are in right now but over the span of the next 7-10 years i think San Ramon will exhibit great appreciation due to our own mix of excellent schools and business support in our community.
I have to agree San Ramon is still pretty hot real estate market.

Also, we just got our home in SR in July and most homes have multiple offers.

We looked in Gale Ranch and opted for Windemere. We didn't feel all that comfortable with some homes too near the power lines but the GR homes are quite beautiful also.
It is definitely picking up, we bought our home in Gale Ranch last year and we were prepared to lose the value by 5-10% in a couple of years.

this year, we wanted to refi and the appraisal came back about the same as we bought... we also know that some of our friends are trying to buy
Great question Jenny!
You're probably wondering about the real estate trend because you're sensing a change in the market. About 7 weeks ago it became apparant that demand for housing in San Ramon is in a significant upwards trend. Much of the buyers who have been waiting are now comfortable with the fact the worst is behind us. Add to that interest rates are low and inventory of homes are also lower than average...the demand to buy homes is very high.

We have several gated communities for your consideration. Just let me know what you're looking for and your price range and I'm happy to assist your efforts in finding the right home. I look forward to talking with you.

Mona
925-831-9615
Jenny,

San Ramon is HOT!!! Great schools and attractive neighborhoods…some are very new…always combine to make attractive targets for buyers. The entire San Francisco Bay Area is suddenly a seller’s market. San Ramon is included. My personal opinion is that if you buy a house you like in a neighborhood that you like in the school district that you like with the commute to work that is acceptable at a reasonable price you will be very happy for many years to come. That is not new advice but it is timely.
Hi Jenny:

It is a sellers market right now because there are not enough homes for sale and there are many would-be buyers. Homes in the lower price ranges (up to $700K) are selling very quickly with multiple offers in many cases. A lot of agents are putting new listings on the MLS on a Thursday with a notation "offers will be reviewed on Tuesday". They are even having limited showings access - like "view Saturday only between 1pm and 4pm". This generates an auction like atmosphere and such homes often sell above list price.

How do you compete? Well there ceratinly are ways. One approach is to avoid that type of situation completely and only consider agents with a more traditional listing approach. Then don't wait until the weekend to view homes, view them as soon as they are listed and be prepared to write a full price offer there and then.

Bernard Gibbons

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bernard Gibbons, J. Rockcliff Realtors
DRE License # 01331583
Phone (925) 997-1585 - bernard@bernardgibbons.com

http://www.JustSanRamonHomes.com
Hi Jenny,
The market has definately changed and buyers are writing many offers before winning the transaction. There are strategies you can use to strengthen an offer to raise your chances. Please contact me if you want more information.
Suzanne Looker
Web Reference: http://suzannelooker.com
Jenny - It is hot right now. There is limited inventory and we are receiving multiple offers on properties. It is the right time to invest before prices really start to escalate.I had a property last week that received 25 offers and another had 6 offers. I specialize in San Ramon so if there is a particular area you want let me know as there are several gated communities.

Linda
I can answer it from a perspective from mortgage application activity. It is extremely busy. If you are an investor there are options now if you have more than 4 financed properties that was severely limited before. If you have any questions call me anytime.

I work with some of the top agents in San Ramon if you would like me to have them prepare you an analysis of the areas you are interested!
Web Reference: http://www.loansquawk.com