General Area in 94941>Question Details

Jennifer, Home Owner in 94941

what is the commission on a 1.2 million dollar home in marin

Asked by Jennifer, 94941 Wed Feb 8, 2012

Answers

11
Sylvia Barry, MAS, CIPS, SRES’s answer
Hi Jennifer:

Many agents have already answered your question and you might have already chosen an agent to work with, but I thought I'd still let you know what I think about your question.

I think the best thing for you to do is to interview a few quality agents and see what kind of services he/she provides before worrying about the commission as the commission is really only a very small part of the equation.

The reason is because the differences between commission from one agent to the other can be at most a couple points, but the differences between the services and end result of your sale can be much bigger than that.

Setting the right priority is critically important in the successful sale of your home.

Sylvia Barry
Frank Howard Allen Realtors
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Novato, CA
In Marin County? I'd hope the poor soul would be recieveing at least one quarter of whatever commission was negotiated.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 19, 2012
your not getting answers to the question , your are getting sales pitches to use thier services. think of it as 4-6% of $1.2 in your example , split between the two real estate companies that represent the buyer and seller. Each agent gets a percentage of that number from the real estate company. the homeowner that is selling the property pays the commisions normally ... agents can give up commisions to gets deals done if needed... agents in a tight market are worth every penny they earn. dont get hung up on commisions pick a good agent and pay them fairly.
Jennifer,

Real estate sale commissions can be structures in many different ways. There is no standard rate. You can even set a flat commission or a combination. It's all up to you and your broker. It's actually a good test of his/her negotiation skills. Give them the opportunity to show you how much they are worth.

Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com/
Hi Jennifer,
Yes, all real estate commissions and any fees paid to a real esate broker, by law, are negotiable.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions, be happy to discuss this with you further at
any time.

Madeline Schaider
Madeline Schaider Real Estate
Marin County
As the other agents on here have mentioned real estate commissions are negotiable between the seller and agent/broker. If you're looking for an agent to represent you in the sale of your home it is very important for you to choose one that has experience, one that can successfully guide you through the listing and sales process and one that can provide you with references from their past clients regarding their services. I have been listing and selling homes all over Marin County for 26 years and can provide you with excellent references. If you would like to contact me and discuss your real estate needs please call 415-328-5186.

Kindest Regards,
Dave Corbin
dave@bradleyrealestate.com
Web Reference: http://www.davecorbin.net
Jennifer,

Yeow.....why?.....refer to the contract.....

The fee for professional services is negotiable and will depend on the agreed percentage provided in the listing agreement....anything else, would be guess work!

Jennifer,
I agree with Anna. Commissions are one measure for which to choose an agent to work with and you do have the right to negotiate the commission to sell your house. I live and work in Mill Valley with Coldwell Banker. I would be happy to talk with you and show you how much marketing muscle I can provide, advice and direction, plus my entire preparation team to make your home sell as quickly as possible. There is a system that works and it can be more affordable than you think. Proven results and happy clients can be provided.

You can reach me easily by text or voice at 415-497-8864

Dan Nebenzahl
dan.nebenzahl@cbnorcal.com
Jennifer:

Real Estate commissions are negotiable between the Seller/Agent and vary widely based on the level of service to be provided. For example, the commission variance will be quite different between a limited service "Entry into the MLS" as opposed to a "Full service" listing that includes staging, suggested repairs, a virtual tour movie, etc.

The Broker may also set a minimum percentage/service level all Agents must follow.

-Steve
Commissions are always negotiable between you and your agent, there are no set standards; therefore if looking to sell, contact and interview in person a few local agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer. Choose your agent with care and not by commission alone...
Commissions are negotiable. However, you can typically expect to pay 6% of the final sales price.