Yoni, Home Buyer in South West, Hartford,...

what is the best cable,satilite company?

Asked by Yoni, South West, Hartford, CT Sun Aug 19, 2007

i need to know watthe est is so i dont waste my money

Answers

4
Hi Yoni,

The answer is a depends slighlty. When using SAT there is a delay in transmission called "latency" this causes sluggish performance. They are also affected by weather, fog and the Sun. Upload speeds are also much slower.

With cable you don't have these issues. They also have plans with different costs that depend on your speed. So you can always upgrade if you need to. The only issue with cable may be if you are in an area with a very high number of subscribers. Still it is better in many ways.

George Antonopoulos
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Madison, CT 06443
800.759.6936
Since most everything is delivered digitally these days, I think they are all comparable. (The big companies, anyway!) Talk to the satellite companies and your cable priveder...play them all against each other....and negotiate the best deal. Make sure you negotiate one or two free DVRs in the package.
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
Cindi Hagley, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
HughesNet (formerly Direcway)...fine unless the weather is very, very bad. Goes out much less than typical cable. Also has a great broadband satellite option if you live out in the country and can't get DSL or cable internet.
Personally I am fond of Comcast and it's bundle of services. Service is reliable and I am please with the speed of their internet of access. Hope this helps.
Web Reference: http://pamwinterbaur.com
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA