General Area in Houston>Question Details

Dboyd0568, Home Buyer in

what is the best area to stay in the Houston area being a single parent with young 3 children and good schools. The ages are 4,6, and 7.

Asked by Dboyd0568, Fri Aug 10, 2012

Answers

13
Mom03’s answer
i would say the heights in the lazybrook and timbergrove area 77008. (which to me is the best area)and withsinclair elementary is a great school at 6410 grovewood houston , and i would also say that oak forest is also a good area with oak forest elementary is a good school. stay away from southside, and 59 north between crosstimbers thru aldine bender they are bad areas. and also a nice area that is right next to houston within a street is the spring branch area FROM I-10 to blalock next to memorial city mall. and within the westview dr. area .
Best school districts in Houston are Katy ISD, Woodlands, Friendswood. You should search oinline for the school district and then look at Katy ;) No big traffic problems, great schools great family area but not too far away from all the action of Houston.

Find a Buyer's Agent to represent you and show you around.

I can help you or help you find an agent in the area you prefer. Che k blogs about the traffic some areas are really nice but have a lot of congestion and long c ommutes to Houston.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 22, 2012
Kingwood would be excellent. With highly rated school at front of Kings Manor Subdivision. If you are buying, look on Royal Timbers Drive. There is a very nice home there. Actually it is the best price per square footage in that subdivision.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
The great thing about Houston is that almost every area of town has an area with good schools. Best to get with a Realtor to discuss the locations that will best suit your commute to work, friends, shopping, etc... Feel free to check us out on http://www.PGRsells.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 10, 2012
You can go for Crescent Oaks property, they provides 1/2/3 bhk apartments for rent or lease in your budget. And for your children you can easily get schools at crescent oaks in their neighborhood.

The Name of Schools in the neighborhood of Crescent Oaks Apartments are:

* Baker Ripley Charter School
6500 Rookin St, Houston, TX 77074-5019, (713) 273-3700

* YES Prep Public School
6565 De Moss Dr, Houston, TX 77074-5012, (713) 967-9800

* Jane Long Middle School
6501 Bellaire Blvd, Houston, TX 77074-6499, (713) 778-3380

* KinderCare Learning Ceter
6767 Rookin, Houston, TX 77074, (713) 774-9711

NCI Charter School without walls
6565 Rooking St, Houston, TX 77074, (713) 779-4856

* William Sutton Elementary School
7402 Albacore Dr, Houston, TX 77074-6598, (713) 778-3400

* Southwest High School
6400 Southwest Fwy # S, Houston, TX 77074-2213, (713) 954-9528

* Robindell Private School
6610 Alder Dr, Houston, TX 77081-5202, (713) 667-9895

More information about the floor plans and prices, visit http://www.crescentoaksapartments.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
One of the biggest School districts is Cy-Fair ISD. Their website is very user friendly, you can pull up each schools rating and determine what suits your family best.
Depending on if you are Renting or Buying and what your price range is,Houston Inner Loop, Houston West and Northwest cannot be beat.

Have you found a Buyer's Agent to represent you yet?
Hi there,

I would recommend taking a look at the crime and schools tabs on our Community maps here:

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Houston-Texas/crime/

I hope this helps!

Ali, Community Manager

PS
The schools are all reviewed, which should be useful when looking at Elementary schools
Hi Again DBoyd,

Well you're sort of close! You won't be in the dark about our heat and humidity. I worry when I heard people being told they'll adjust--in reality we just deal with it -- knowing it will pass.

If you know already, let me know approximately where you will be working and when you expect to be here, and we can decide on the requirements for a personal Gateway on my HAR website to let you see what fits your needs. To do this I'll need an email address to use with the Houston Association of Realtors (HAR) and daily both of us will get updates.

Please email me at brenda@pv-properties.com or phone me (281-497-1290) or email me a phone number and time that I could phone your. (glad we're in the same time zone)

Glad to be of assistance.

Brenda Peavy
Broker/PV Properties
@ Brenda Pevy i would be moving from Louisiana.
There are so many great areas with good schools, but I cannot give you a definitive answer, but I would think you would want to be in an area which is accessible to your working environment. Please e-mail me at gail.levin@kw.com with your phone number and I will call you to discuss. Looking forward to talking to you.
Good afternoon DBoyd,

With children that young you will want to be located as close to your work as possible and the good news is all our major work areas have good communities that are designed for family activity, including schools and recreation.

You didn't mention where you are moving from so certainly we need to provided you with an overview of homes available so your arrival will be less stressful.

We can provide you with housing information daily by email and I can send you a pdf file highlighting a community to give you an idea of the home market.

Please feel free to email or phone me to assist in your move .

Brenda Peavy, Broker
PV Properties
281-497-1290
brenda@pv-properties.com
http://www.har.com/BrendaPeavy
http://www.har.com/PVProperties
Everyone will have their own opinions on this one, but Northwest and Northside in Cypress ISD and/or Klein ISD are good places and you get a lot of house for your dollar....

Check out my website and send me an e-mail. Are you purchasing or leasing? Either way I can help!