General Area in Tampa>Question Details

ncfishback, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

what is the BEST FAMILY CENTERED area in florida with good schools? we are looking to open a child/ family centered business and are moving

Asked by ncfishback, Chicago, IL Thu Mar 21, 2013

from Chicago! we would like to be closer to my family in st. petes beach/ redington. so anything within 45 min would be ideal. as with any city, im aware there are good and bad parts. we've been reccomended Parrish, fl. Westchase seems nice too. Any advice is appreciated!

Answers

9
Alma Rose Kee PA’s answer
I agree with Deborah Orr and her Palm Harbor suggestion. Probably the very best high school for academics (Plant High in Tampa is best for Athletics and affluence) is Palm Harbor University High School. Their IB program has the highest pass rate and their Medical Magnet Program far exceeds the level of the Hillsborough County Magnet Medical program. Plus if you like the beaches, Honeymoon Island State Beach and Caladesi Island are right there with a nice dog beach, too.
Check out Trulia's "Local Info" page at the top right. Great info on exactly what you are looking for.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 21, 2013
The Palm Harbor area has excellent schools, is out of the high traffic areas to the beach and has a wide selection of homes in various price ranges. There are many It's very convenient to shopping, hospitals and everything you need and has a cute little downtown area with a couple of events during the year. Average income is about $10K above state average and 27% of the households have children under 18 years old living in them. The crime rate is about 50% of the overall Florida crime rate and it's just about 45 minutes to Redington Beach. Think you'lll like it :-)
It also depends on your price range... Westchase and Waterchase may be a good option but is a higher price range than some of the more distant areas (ie FishHawk). We also have probably the best elementary, middle schools in the Odessa/Lutz area of The Eagles, Cheval, Van Dyke Farms, VillaRosa, but this area will be distant from St. Pete Beach area like FishHawk and some of the Cheval Homes are also in a significantly higher price range. Countrway/Charleston Corners are also conveniently located with good quality schools, too. The price range is somewhat less than Westchase and the neighborhoods do not have reclaimed water so they will be less aesthetically appealing during the dry months.

Oldsmar also has The East Lake Woodlands neighborhood and again this is higher priced.

So the zips I recommend: 33626, 33635, 33556,33558, 34677

If you're not already working with a Realtor, you're welcome to sign up for a free Listingbook account on my website: http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

If you're working with a Realtor ask her/him to give you access to Listingbook so you can see the "genuine" status. "Active with Contract" listings are not available to buy but may appear as merely "active" on many websites. It will eliminate a lot of time wasted looking at properties that are not actually available to buy.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
I'm from Chicago and now live in Dunedin. There's a bit of everything here and we especially love our four legged friends too. I love being on the Pinellas Trail, Gulf and we don't really have any "bad" areas so to speak. There are always family events each weekend. We are still a short drive to Tampa to catch a hockey game or football. But home now will always be beautiful quaint Dunedin.
I will recommend FishHawk area... great schools and family oriented neighborhoods, close to shoppings, restaurants and entertainment. Just southeast of Tampa. Easy access to Tampa, Orlando, St Pete Beaches and more.. 813-944-2145
NC Fishback,

The Tampa area is so vast, and we have so many wonderful Family Centered areas. It makes it very hard to answer that question. Will you be doing a school, retail or activity center? Will you be needing a commerical location as well or will you be working from your home like a FCC provider.

I would love to help answer questions on Tampa and the surrounding areas. I have several friends who own schools, and child centered businesses. I would be happy to ask them what they wish they had known before picking a location here in Tampa. I am also on the Fishhawk Chamber and the SAC committees at two local schools, so I always have my ear out to what new businesses are headed our way.

Please review my profile on Trulia and send me a message or email me directly at THoyt@prutropical.com

No pressure, just help,

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
You must check out FishHawk, probably the premier family centered planned development in the Tampa Bay area-just googe their name, and you will be amazed. There are always family and children's activities going on, plus pools,skate board park, sports fields, a town center with shops and concerts -- it goes on and on -- very family centric! If a large, planned development community is not for you, then next would be the town of Valrico with its A rated schools and lots of local events, community sports teams, convenient shopping areas, access to all major thoroughfares and an hour from St. Pete beach area. Plus, it's only an hour and 15 minutes from all the Orlando attractions, close enough for a day trip and far away enough to not be in the tourist area you described. I would be happy to provide you. My website has more info on both. Good luck, and please contact me if I may be of further assistance to you.
Carol Jacob
Signature Realty Associates
813-679-3180
http://www.caroljacob.com
forgot to mention that we are not SUPER interested in the "touristy" areas of FL (ie st pete beach, etc.) but an area that has a steady busy area. hope that makes sense!