General Area in Pelican>Question Details

Steve Zis, Home Buyer in 03076

what is available for marinas?

Asked by Steve Zis, 03076 Wed Dec 7, 2011

Answers

10
Blanca Contreras’ answer
Mr. Zis ~ Hopefully you've been able to visit Southwest Florida since posting your question in December and see what our waterways have to offer as well as gathering information on our public and private marinas.
Reason 2 to retire in Cape Coral, Fl. Cape Coral is a Boater’s Paradise and Fun for All Water Lovers

If you own a boat, or have ever wanted to, then there truly aren’t many better places to live than Cape Coral, Florida.

Put simply, Cape Coral is paradise for water lovers. Those who are new to the area are often shocked to learn that this city has over 400 miles of canals and waterways! This makes it both easy and affordable to get a waterfront home, or have easy access to a canal.

Nearly half of Cape Coral homes on canals actually have water access directly to the Gulf of Mexico. Boaters often make Cape Coral their home, solely for that reason. In about 20 minutes, their boat is off the dock and in the sparkling waters of the Gulf – ready for fishing, watersports, or just good times!

The local Department of Parks and Recreation keeps 5 boat launching facilities open to the public:

BMX Boat Ramp, SW 7th Court just north of Trafalgar
Burnt Store Boat Ramp, 230 Burnt Store Road South
Horton Park Boat Ramp, 2600 SE 26th Place
Rosen Park Boat Ramp, 2414 SE 15th Terrace
Yacht Club Boat Ramp, 5815 Driftwood Parkway

For those who love to be on the water, but don’t have a boat of their own, dozens of charter fishing groups offer reasonably priced excursions, both near the shore and for deep sea fishing.

Even if you don’t know anything about boating, when you move to Cape Coral, you will meet plenty of people who do! If you start chatting up a neighbor, you might find yourself on his boat before the week is over.

If you love the water, retiring to Cape Coral is the perfect choice.

A.J. Ackerman
Century 21 Sunbelt Realty
http://www.ackermanswfl.com
Web Reference: http://www.ackermanswl.com
Hi Steve,

You must be a boater as am I. Along with being a realtor, I am an active member of the Cape Coral Power Squadron (a Unit of the US Power Squadrons) here in Cape Coral so I know what you are inquiring about. Give me a call or send me an e-mail and I will help you out.

Therese A Clapp, Realtor
MBA, GRI, SFR, AHWD, REPM
Member of REBAC: Buyer Representation
Century 21 Sunbelt Realty, Inc
725 Cape Coral Pkwy W
Cape Coral, FL 33914
Primary: 239-542-4777
http://www.thereseclapp.com
Web Reference: http://www.thereseclapp.com
Hi Steve,

Your question is not specific...can you clarify what you are asking so we can better answer your question.

Terry McCarley, Jones & Co Realty
email: leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net
cell: 239-707-4575
Hi Steve,
Not sure what you are looking for. We have several options in Marinas. You can buy a wet or dry slip and you can also rent one. If you are looking for a home you could purchase on a Gulf access canal and keep your boat at your home. I would be happy to help, please feel free to contact me. 239-209-2237 nancy.doyle1@comcast.net

Have a great day,
Nancy
Good morning Steve,
Cape Coral is said to have more canals than Venice, Italy - lol! We have several fabulous communities here with condos and single family homes that have their own marina. Cape Harbour and Tarpon Point are two that you will surely love. The prices at both communities are still low but selling fast. These communities have wonderful amenities including restaurants with waterfront dining and shopping. Our Century 21 office has been in Cape Coral for over 30 years so we know the SW Florida market and lifestyle.
Please email me at Dorinas13@aol.com or call (239) 910-6485 so we can discuss the criteria of what you are looking for including size, price and location.
I look forward to working with you in finding you your own slice of paradise!
Have a wonderful day,
Dorina Soumastre
Century 21 Birchwood Realty
4040 Del Prado Blvd., Cape Coral, FL 33904
If you are interested in Naples then we need to speak. My partner keeps his boat at a marina and can give you all the details.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Naples-Bonita-Estero-Homes.com
Cape Coral's nickname is Water Wonderland -- there are many marinas in the Cape and the surrounding areas. Probably one of the nicest and certainly the newest is Tarpon Point Marina. It combines condos, hotel, shopping, dining AND a marina. Just google Tarpon Point Marina and you will see all it has to offer.
Carolyn
Tarpon Point Marina
Cape Harbour marina - Harbor Master
Name is Frank
Also city owned Cape Coral Yacht Club
Are all good in Cape Coral
What size boat?
Are you look looking for only wet storage?
Or are you looking to purchase marina?
Hello Steve,
If I you are looking to live in an area with good marinas with great access I would be happy to help.
I live and work on Pine Island, a very unique Island with great marinas, reasonable waterfront prices with unbeatable Gulf access. Or are you looking to buy a Marina? We can find that for you also!