General Area in Brick>Question Details

Posineg23, Renter in Minneapolis, MN

what is Brick like?

Asked by Posineg23, Minneapolis, MN Mon Aug 6, 2012

i want to know about rents, jobs, transportation, and amenities? crime? the people?

Answers

6
You may visit http://www.homefacts.com .Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
First thing that comes to mind when I think of Brick is the excellent attention they give to the citizens. The police are great . . . from locking myself out of my house to harrassing neighbors, they have been stellar. In fact, if I am in a convenience store and a police officer is also there buying something, I reach out and buy it for them.

Francesca Patrizio, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931
I have lived in the northern end of Brick, near Route 70 and Herbertsville Road, for 28 years. I have never called the police, except to report a motor vehicle accident.
In my opinion, this is the best combination of affordability and location. From my home, the Garden State Parkway (northbound) is 2.3 miles away, Crystal Point Yacht Club is one mile away, and Allaire State Park is 6 miles away.
The center of Brick, where most of the shopping is located, is about 4 miles southwest of my neighborhood. There is a Bed Bath and Beyond, Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, Bon Ton, Sports Authority, AMC Movies, and Ethan Allen Furniture.
In the opposite direction, it's a 5 mile drive to Sea Girt. The Brook 35 Plaza has a Starbucks, Talbots, Gap, Banana Republic, Coach, Williams Sonoma and other higher end shops.
It's about a 5 mile drive to the NJ Transit Train Station in Point Pleasant Beach.
I do not know the person who answered your question I work in the monmouth and ocean county area and brick is not a;low class area brick has been voted one of the safest communities in New jersey for many years If you e-mail me I can help you further help you ........... commuting is great also whether you drive or take public transportation there are medium to high price homes waterfront and the princeton ave are pricey but there are many areas to select from e-mail me fpeters@weichert.com
also NJ has jobs depends on your skills
Do your research don't rely on real estate agents who make their living selling and renting properties in brick. It is a very low class area with a mix of people. Look at the stores in the area, walmart, shop rite, kmart and dollar general. Go to one of the grocery stores at the weekends and you will get to see the neighborhood. There is a high percentage of lower income families so it is not a very friendly town, but is surrounded by some nicer places. There are lots of parks and some nice beach communities but you have to really do your homework. the police department is not really into community policing, not very friendly or helpful. Job market here is very working class, and because of that there are some problems in the schools. People from here who want good jobs travel to Monmouth county where the taxes are higher but schools and police departments are far superior. yes you can commute to the city....by bus but in Monmouth county you can get on the train and be at NY Penn station in less than hour. Point pleasant is in Monmouth. You might want to check out Ocean Township, or Wall township. FYI the Quote second safest city was probably from the early nineties.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Brick, NJ is the 2nd safest city in the USA. We have excellent schools, transportation, great restaurants, shopping centers with many anchor stores. Rents are avarage depending on what you are looking for. A one bedroom apartment with amenities can start a $900. A waterfront, 3 bedroom home could start at $1900 or less a month.

We are known for our many lagoons and beautiful beaches. Some of the communities in Brick include Normandy Beach and South Mantoloking Shores, to name a few. The people are great. I am glad I live in Brick. We are an hour and half from NYC and have bus transportation to the city or can take the train from Pt. Pleasant Beach or Bay Head. We are very close. You can enjoy the Seaside Heights boardwalk or Jenkinson's boardwalk and beach. We are only 15 minutes away. You'll enjoy Brick.