General Area in 94538>Question Details

Joey, Home Buyer in

what do people think of the area around Grimmer in Irvington district of Fremont?

Asked by Joey, Sat Sep 6, 2008

I hear schools are not the best and it's an older area of Fremont. I'm worried about resale value.

Answers

2
According to GreatSchools.com, they rank Irvington High School with a 8 on a scale from 1-10. Mission High got a 9 and American High received a 7. There have been some high-end homes in the Irvington area which has raised the school scores and housing prices.
The area elementary schools in the Irvington area range from 4 to 8. So some are much better than others.
Overall, home sale do well (in a regular market) and some schools do well. So shop around to see which schools are better for you. There are many neighborhoods also, since I was born in Fremont and selling homes here for 23 years, I'm sure I can find the right house for you.
I would be happy to help.
Barry Ripp
510-386-5066
Web Reference: http://www.barryripp.com
Hi Joey, I agree with Barry 100% and i just want to add that while some schools have higher test scores than others, that can change from year to year. It depends on how well the students apply themselves and if the parents enforce the doing of the home work. Irvington has the second best highschool scores in fremont, but approx. 10 years ago it had among the worst scores in fremont. American high has passed up washington in the past few years too. So just keep in mind that what ever school your children attend its all fremont unified and as such all teach the same curriculum. In other words if your child is an A student at Mission they will still be an a student at Kennedy.....Dawn PS I live in that nieghborhood and it is very quiet and peaceful, all my neighbors are friendly and we have a great community!
Web Reference: http://DawnRivera4Homes.com