General Area in Palmdale>Question Details

Andria Von L…, Home Buyer in Littlerock, CA

what are the common cost for utilities in palmdale or antelope valley monthly?

Asked by Andria Von Lossberg, Littlerock, CA Tue Mar 31, 2009

Depending on where you live in the A.V., you will have three separate utility bills. Dollar range will depend on time of the year. This is an average cost for an average sized home. This does not include heating a pool, but does include watering the grass for a household of 4-5 people.

1. The Gas Company $25 - 75 (winter)
2. Southern California Edison $50 - $100 (summer)
3. There are several water districts $25 - $100 (summer)

Team Assist-2-Sell
Again, this depends upon your own individual usage. Generally speaking, in this area, most utilities are separate. You will have SCE for electricity, water, trash, cable or satellite, and phone. Electricity depends on usage really. It does go up in the summer drastically because of the heat. If you don't use the a/c consistently, and depending on the layout of your home (i.e.-open vaulted ceilings, open staircases, higher ceilings etc...) should run anywhere from about 100.00 up during the summer. Winter is usually significantly less. The water bill is also higher, but you can really reduce your usage by using a few simple tricks. Wash only full loads, take shorter showers, turn off the water when you're brushing your teeth or washing dishes etc... The gas bill is higher is in the winter for most homes because of heating costs...

Overall, in a 3000 sq. ft. home, I estimate I spend about an average of $175.00 per month. This averages out annually. There are some utility companies which will adjust your bill to an even payment each month if that works better for you.

Thank you for your question...

Marina Penrose, Realtor
Dilbeck GMAC Real Estate
We have a 2300Sq Ft two story house in East Palmdale. I just paid the Utilities for Edison Electric and it was $245. That's just the electricity. We didn't use the Air Conditioning. It isn't that hot yet. We used the Swamp Cooler for a little bit since we had a few warm days. If you use AC it will run you in excess of 500 bucks a month in Electricity, and that's with a real efficient unit. I paid $46 bucks for my water bill last month. We started watering the lawn and flowers for the first time last month so the bill is going up. We also have a pool so we have to keep it topped off. Last month's bill was only 19 bucks. The gas bill for April was 36 bucks. We have gas fired water heater as well as forced air. The dryer is gas as well as the stove.
Utils are a little high for sure.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 9, 2009
Hello Andria,

There is not an easy answer to your question. All properties in the Antelope Valley utilize the services of Southern California Edison and Gas. There costs are determined by usage in a home. Larger homes use more energy typically, though smaller homes that are not energy efficient can use more than a larger home.

Water is a variable - there are multiple private and public water companies. Each has their own rates. If you are looking at a specific property, you may want to contact the local water agency to find out what the average usage of the property in question is. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me.

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR, QSC, e-PRO
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
Cell: (661) 466-6849
Fax: (661) 422-3006