Kaeble, Other/Just Looking in Westlake Village, CA

we are relocating from texas to work in Westlake Village. I have a 10 and 4 year old. Which towns are safe and affordable to live in?

Asked by Kaeble, Westlake Village, CA Sun Mar 21, 2010

Answers

10
Team Mcconathy’s answer
Hi Kaeble,

My names is Donna McConathy with Century 21 Adobe in Agoura Hills CA. All the areas in this area are great for raising a family. Thousand Oaks, which is the city right next to Westlake Village is rated #7 in America's top safest areas to live. Simi Valley, which is approx 20 minutes from Westlake Village is rated #17 in America's top safest areas. Please let me know what you are looking for in a home (square footage, number of bedroom, etc) and I will be available to help you find the perfect home.
Donna McConathy
donnamcconathy@century 21.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 21, 2010
Hello!
Just spotted your question.
Hope you move has been successful!
As the Daddy of eleven and nine year old girls, I can say you cannot go wrong with Westlake Village, Agoura Hills, or Oak Park. Thousand Oaks is also wonderful, and most important, the schools in the Conejo Valley are second to none.
I am sure by now your move is well under way, but if I can be of any help, please so not hesitate to contact me (even if you have already purchased a home, I always here to help in any way I can).
Be sure to check out Moorpark. It is a small bedroom community and has great schools and alot of activities for young ones. If you'd like to see any while you are here, drop me an email. The first thing any agent needs to do is get you acclamated to the area so you can decide where you would like to live. When you find a home you like be sure to revisit it in the evening and on the weekend so you get a good idea of what the neighborhood is like. Welcome to Ventura County!
Kaeble ~
Now that you've arrived in the Conejo Valley, and are better accustomed to the various areas, feel free to search all properties in the Zip Code and Size of your choice, using this handy and quick widget (see below). This report contains the most up to date and accurate picture of home sales in your neighborhood. What can you expect the market to do? To find out what this means to you and for your home buying decision - no matter where you are in your decision process, study the results and then consult with a real estate agent that specializes in the Conejo Valley area.
In general, the Conejo Valley is a safe place to live and Thousand Oaks and Simi Valley have long been considered some of the safest cities in the country as defined by FBI rankings on crime stats. As for affordability that really depends on your price range. As Bonnie stated though, in Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks you're generally going to find more bang for your buck. You're going to really need to speak with a lender first though to determine what you can afford and based on what you can afford will determine your price range and what areas in Conejo Valley will be most suited to your price range.
Hi Kaeble
As a full time agent who has lived and worked in Westlake Village and raised my 3 children here I can tell you all you need to know about Westlake Village the surrounding towns and the Conejo Valley and how it compares to the other neighboring valleys. There is also some information for the out of state buyer on my web-site and upon request I can send you a full buyers package with information on schools, utilities, libraries, restaurants and more. When will you be coming out this way next? http://www.conejovalleybydawn.com
Hi!Kaeble,
Good afternoon! How are you? We are in the Westlake Village area. I do not know your price range of the house that you want to purchase or lease? If you just want to know the safe area to live. Westlake Village is a safe area and school is good also. Next to it,is the Agoura Hills/Oak Park and Thousand Oaks. There are all good areas for safe neighborhood and good school. Do you lik close to lake or hill ? Do you like to be in a old houses area or newer houses area. It is all depend. Are you coming over sometimes in the near future? I like to be able to talk to you in my office,then I can show you more informion. You can make your decision once you are here and be able to see some property in person. Have a wonderful day! Best wishes to you!
Sincerely yours,
katy Ho
katy@katyho.com
http://www.katyho.com
(818)-597-4597
Prudential California Realty
Hi!kaeble,
Good morning! How are you? Westlake Village is really nice and safe neighborhood & good school also. The price is also high. The other close city such as Agoura Hills,Oak Park,Thousand Oaks,Newbury Park,etc. There are so many nice city for you to consider. Are you going to come over for a look soon. My office is in Westlake Village,next to Oak Park/Agoura Hills. The best wayg is to come in my office,then we can have a friendly talk. I can give you more detail of each city(areas). I have been in the real estate profession since 1989 and I know these areas well. Hope to hear from you soon! Have a wonderful day! Best wishes to you!
Sincerely yours,
katy Ho
katy@katyho.com
http://www.katyho.com
(818)-597-4597
Prudnetial California Realty
Hi Kaeble,

I have a 11 and 3 year old. I grew up in Thousand Oaks (TO )and live and work in Simi with my own children. Both are going to be great but honestly, I moved to Simi 15 years ago when we bought our first home because our money bought a little more home here, in Simi vs TO and it still does. Moorpark is kind of enroute from TO to Simi and I think it is an excellent choice too. Moorparks population may be too low to fall into the national ratings, last I checked anyway but the community there is young and professional and a friend of mine who is a teacher never lived in Moorpark but picked it because she felt the community and schools were a great lifestyle value. I agree with her 100%

The thing is, each of these cities has great neighborhoods and some that might or might not be acceptable to you. Westlake hasnt a single neighborhood that I think you wouldnt be happy to live in but there is probably very little if anything big enough for your family that I would call "affordable" about Westlake, especially if you are relocating from Texas. I am working with clients who relocated from Texas and it was tough for them to consider what their money was going to buy them here...but they are adjusted now.

Of course schools and community are going to be important lifestyle choices to consider and affordable is a "relative" term. So, if you would like, please contact me directly through Trulia and I can try to learn more about you and recommend some choices. As a local Realtor, I can help you with local property information, of course. As a member of the community, and a parent it would be my pleasure to be a resource beyond real estate for you. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Web Reference: http://www.ConejoLiving.com
Hello Kaeble,

This is an excellent question. We don't really have "towns" per se in the Conejo Valley. Thousand Oaks encompasses a population of over 125,000 residents, with a median hosehold income of $80-85K. Housing median price is in the high $400-low $500s. The national average for Personal crime risk and Property crime risk is "100" -- and the Thousand Oaks area is apx 30, in comparison.

The City of Thousand Oaks, has a local economy which is based on a small range of businesses, with biotechnology, electronics, automotive, aerospace, telecommunications, healthcare, and financing occupying most of Thousand Oaks' employment sector. Amgen, Baxter International, General Dynamics Corporation, Jafra Cosmetics, J.D. Power and Associates, and Skyworks Solutions offer many high-tech jobs and have corporate headquarters in the city, while Countrywide/Bank of America, Verizon, Verizon Wireless, Volkswagen, Audi, General Motors, and WellPoint manage regional offices. The city was also the former home to the corporate offices of Wellpoint and GTE, which later became Verizon, which relocated in the last decade. Newbury Park is usually considered a suburb, as many residents also commute to neighboring Los Angeles. To learn more, visit our Conejo websites, or check out the Community Reports link below. Good luck in your relocation and welcome home!

http://www.FindNewburyParkHomes.com/ Zip Code 91320

http://www.FindThousandOaksHomes.com/ Zip Codes 91360, 91361

http://www.FindWestlakeVillageHomes.com/ Zip Code 91362