General Area in Holliston>Question Details

Scott43, Both Buyer and Seller in Holliston, MA

we are looking into buying a single family home in Holliston. How are the schools? What is their middle?

Asked by Scott43, Holliston, MA Thu Jun 25, 2009

school like? Can the kids go to the library to hang out or is it not very well supervised?Just trying to get a sense of the town.

Answers

4
Hi Scott !

YES! Your kids can hang out at the library - its a wonderful library and people are nice and helpful. The downtown section is easy to walk about. The Goodwill Park is in the center of town and it is a great place for kids of all ages. There are also 4 casual restaurants in the downtown section that welcome kids - they can get snacks, sandwiches and ice cream.

During school starts and endings there are crossing guards at key places to offer more safety for kids to cross the street - therefore making it possible for the kids to walk to town after school.

Many of the shopkeepers will get to know your kids - which makes our town feel so comfortable.

I have lived in Holliston for 18 years - I love the town - my family has enjoyed this town. I raised 2 sons here and they have turned out more than OK :)

So come on by for a visit - I will personally give you a tour - it would be my pleasure!

Mary Condon
508-479-9833
Holliston is a popular choice because of its schools. It is a little further away from highways so for those with a Boston drive commute that is a downside but for many buyers I have worked with over the years..the better schools and affordable prices made the town a wise decision. The downtown and library are good places for children. To check and compare schools I like the website http://www.schooldigger.com
Good luck and please let me know if I can be of help.
Web Reference: http://www.RobinGilman.com
Hi Scott,

I do not live in Holliston but I have several friends (with pre-teen children) that do. What I hear from them is that the schools are fabulous...one of the children has a learning disability and receives excellent services!

I find it funny that you inquire about "hanging out" at the Library. All of a sudden this is what the middle schoolers want to do...even here in Northborough. How ironic that they WANT to go to the Library....there could be worse things I suppose. The students in Holliston are no exception. There is a Library in the downtown area. While I don't know how long it will permitted by the Library Staff, the kids do indeed meet there and hang out...unsupervised.

I hope this gives you some perspective and helps you make the decision about your new home purchase. If you'd like to talk with a parent with similar aged children to yours I can arrange that!

Judy
Hi Scott, Holliston has a fantastic school system. http://www.holliston.k12.ma.us/ Holliston as a town is very community oriented with lots fo citizen involvement. There is a small but vibrant downtown shoppingh area, with a real new england feel. If I can help in any way please let me know or visit my website link below and click the -map based search button to find homes for sale. Regards, John