General Area in 07310>Question Details

anuragkabra, Renter in Hoboken, NJ

towns with easy commute and lot of activities

Asked by anuragkabra, Hoboken, NJ Sun May 5, 2013

I would work in Newport area of Jersey City. We are family of 3 (wife 2 year old). We have never stayed in suburbs. Currently, we are in downtown Chicago and prior to that we lived in jersey city waterfront. I am looking for a place with activities or communities for both my kid and us. Safety, is obviously important. Moreover, easy commute to work. I am planning to rent for now.

Answers

2
Anuragkabra,

There are many viable places to live in NJ that will give you safety for your family, activities for all ages and still be only 30 minutes to your office in Jersey City. Most 3 bedroom home rentals start around $2,500 and go up depending on the location. If you want to learn more about the many opportunities available to you, don't hesitate to give me a call.

Ron Sheedy
(732) 239-7452
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 6, 2013
Here are a few suggestions to try on for size - not in any particular order!

(what's your rental price range?)
Figure a 3 bedroom home will start in the mid 2000 range and go up, up and up from there, depending on the town.

1. Maplewood/S. Orange
2. Millburn /Short Hills
3. W. Orange
4. Montclair
5. Livingston
6. Morristown (furthest west from Jersey City)

All of the above have recreational activities, town pools, parks nearby, great restaurants and shopping (from small trendy boutiques to large malls closeby) easy drive, train or bus commute to NYC, or, in your case, 25- 35 min drive to Jersey City.

Welcome to the NJ suburbs!!

Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss this further. My website has a number of links your might find useful.

Best wishes....

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties

email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 6, 2013