General Area in Irving>Question Details

Drewha, Home Buyer in Irving, TX

relocating to DFW. i work in las colinas at rochelle and 114. my wife can work at home. she will "commute" to flower mound, argyle,

Asked by Drewha, Irving, TX Sat Jun 26, 2010

bartonville area for horse riding (she is interviewing specific trainers in that area) yes, I know there is an equestrian center in las colinas, nice show facility, indeed! but like kids sports, you need the right coach, and the right coaches are in the areas I mentioned, (i know there are many in aubrey etc . . ., but maybe that is too far.)

Anway, where to live so that neither of our commutes are longer than 25 mins?

we like a larger lot for our two large dogs. quality is important (sq footage not as important, it's just the two of us).

Answers

5
I would find a coach first and see if they're willing to travel to Irving since that seems to be your priority. Being close to work and having a good coach. For example would a coach from Aubrey be willing to travel to Irving for two days a week? I would think so. I've been around horses and horse people my whole life and traveling for shows, training, ferriers is part of it.
Thank you for elaborating Drewha. Southlake is a wonderful city to live in an would be a good start, however, there is construction of the DFW connector (major road construction with several overpasses) that started recently that will go on for a long while. This would make the commute very frustrating.

I would suggest Flower Mound itself, Grapevine, Trophy Club, Colleyville. Aubrey would be great for your wife but for you it would be at least 45 minutes. I'll be happy to send you a sampling of listings so you can map them and see what you can get for your price range. Feel free to email me directly with your wants and needs and I'll put something together for you.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
You are going to have to research the communities on your own, as a Realtor is not allowed to steer you one way or another. With the amount of money you mentioned you should be able to find a very nice home. You need to have a Realtor set you up with a computer generated search that can be specific as to your needs. I don't work that area but I do know someone who does, let me know if you need a referral to a good agent.
naima, i think tht we could go up to about 575K if we had to, but it would be nice to find something for less. we just finished a very involved renovation of our home, and for the next one, we'd prefer to have it move in ready ready. we could do the kitchne over if we had to.

I am thinking that South Lake is the communcity. I jsut don't know whihc subdivisions to stay away from and whihc ones to gravitate towards. Grapevine looks nice, but the lots all appear to be on the smaller side.
What price range are you looking to stay within? That would help to recommend areas. One big culture shock you should expect is that DFW does not have large lots as one would expect from TX.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Ralty.com
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com