General Area in Clayton>Question Details

Cornelia Lec…, Home Buyer in Clayton, NC

my family and I are interested in moving to clayton nc from new york and would like any feedback-are there

Asked by Cornelia Lechner, Clayton, NC Fri Jan 18, 2008

any bad areas of clayton? would like any input thanks!!

Answers

19
We just moved to Fort Mill, SC from Clayton. We hated to leave the community. Lots of great people and very close to Raleigh. Schools are good if you have children. Our home is currently for sale in the Winston Plantation subdivision.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 10, 2009
In case you haven't made a decision and needed more reassurance that Clayton is a good move- I left NYC in 2006 and haven't looked back, my twins attend an awesome elementary school and the communities are thriving and with all the new stores and restaurants you can't go wrong. And the space is the best part lots of room.

Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year
Dawn
Andersond@hpw.com
text- 919-452-9379
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 19, 2014
I thought about moving to Clayton, NC last year, and it would also be close to family we havent seen since 2000. I need 3 bedroom home quotes and 2 full baths, year 1990 or newer. In a nice neighborhood, but this is only a thought, for now. want a yard, not small, not too large, near a nice school, junior high.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Yes there are some undesirable areas in the city limits of Clayton. As long as you stay in the surrounding areas you will not ahve any worries.

If you wish you can email me at cbondatti-realtor@nc.rr.com and we can start searching for the ideal home for you. I will be able to give you more specific answers about areas if you pick out a few homes that interest you. I will send you some listings that fit your specification.
I am from the central New Jersey area (Rahway) and we relocated to Clayton about 18 months ago. There are many new developments under construction and a wide variety of price ranges. You will get a great deal for your money here. Three really nice developments are Flowers Plantation and Cobblestone and Riverview - all three have walking trails, green space and pools. Schools are highly rated. Taxes are very reasonable. Great YMCA, plenty of pre-schools - great after school activities, lovely downtown area. Very easy to go into Raleigh - just 25 mins away by car, and airport is only a 30 min. drive.
Clayton is definately growing -- new stores and restaurants all the time. In March I will be here 5 years- moved down from Nassau County LI. Johnston county does offer alot --, great schools, lower taxes, still close enough to Raleigh to enjoy the city. Plus if you are a shopper there are Outlets in Smithfield NC too. Bad areas? Not really but there are a couple neighborhoods that have had alot of foreclosures. Compared to NY you will get alot of bang for your buck! You will be shocked.

Give me a call I would be happy to help,

Jennifer Marks, Broker & Certified Neogotiation Expert
Real Living Realty Experts
919 210 6295
Web Reference: http://RelocateWithJen.com
My family has lived in the Riverwood Athletic Club for the past three years and absolutely love it! The elementary and middle schools are five minutes walking distance and are rated as some of the best schools in NC...there is so much to see and do within our community. We have an athletic club, walking trails, pools (indoor/outdoor) and some great little shops within walking distance. We are moving in Jan to San Antonio, TX as a result of a new job, but will miss this place dearly. If you have any more questions, please feel free to email us at dmacho@nc.rr.com and good luck, we hope you find what you're looking for!
Hello Skiddmm,
Thank you for your info. My wife and I are seriously looking to move down south from a small colonial town in CT. I'm going to be retiring from a police dept. and I received a degree in teaching PE. So my wife, a HS Spanish teacher, and I will be looking for teaching jobs down there. My question is if you have any info about black and white cultural relations in Clayton and Riverwoood specifically? As I am a black male and she white, and we have toddler and a new baby.
Flag Sun Dec 22, 2013
Hi Cornelia,

What part of NY are you moving from? I am from Long Island and have been in Clayton, NC for over 2 years now. Clayton is a very large town and has a great variety of price ranges. Call me if you'd like me to mail you a relocation package or want more information.

Visit http://www.claytonluxuryhomes.com to win a $25 gas card this month!

Karen Trotta
Re/Max Classic Realty
919.306.7560
Cornelia,
How is your search going? Did you decide to move to Clayton, NC? If you are still looking, our home just went online! It is 225 Hein Drive, Clayton, NC 27527 in the Glen Laurel Golf Club community. We decided to head to New Jersey, so we can be that much closer to NY for my husbands job. Good Luck to you!
we are moving from Clayton, nc to new york...want to swap homes!? LOL
We are sad to move ~ we love North Carolina and Clayton is 20 minutes outside Raleigh, so it is a good location. We moved here from Connecticut and found it to be a simpler and less stressful lifestyle. Do you have children? The Glen Laurel area where we live is STUNNING and our neighbors are terrific. We are on a golf course and belong to a gorgeous fitness club which has a pool with slide for kids and amazing amenities! We can not duplicate this again in our lives once we move north. :(
Where are you moving from in New York? We are looking at Rockland County. Do you know anything about that area? We are trying to not spend a fortune to simply live. Any help is appreciated!
we moved to Clayton a little over a year ago and live in the Riverwood Athletic Club community. My husband is from New England and I lived there for over 12 years. Our next door neighbor is a retired NY cop with his wife. They liked the area so much that their son and family moved to Clayton.

The school is the number one reason we moved to this particular neighborhood. If you have kids, it is an awesome place. Kids are outside playing all the time and it is such a safe place. Our neighborhood has a great swimming pool and our community also has free access during the summer to another pool in town. We have fees but they are very reasonable and inlcude athletic club memberships and limited golfing (you can upgrade to more golfing access). The $54 a month is much cheaper you can get at the YMCA and well worth the price.

Johnston County is a rapidly growing area so this is what we think a fantastic area for investment. There are plans for a shopping center to open across the street from the school (walkable for many kids). There is also a great walking trail if you have dogs or just like to get out and walk.
Hi Cathy:
I lived in Garner right on the Wake and Johnston County lines, just minutes from Clayton. I think Clayton is an amazing area with lots of growth potential. As the bypass continues around from knightdale I think you will see more and more appreciation there. Plus you are close to 40 and 95 as far as travled interstates and that is important to people who have family out of town.

If you are set on the Raleigh area, I would recommend going with Clayton. I know some great agents there that I use to work with and would be happy to refer you. They have offices in Clayton and know the area very well. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Web Reference: http://www.listwithlane,com
You pick a very good place to live easy and relax,if you have kids ask for west johnston elementary,Johnston middle or clayton Johnston High School very good school.You will see a huge difference .Welcome to Clayton nc.If you need child care go OPEN ARMS.Mexican food la cocina the best.

Bye see you some day soon
I have lived in the clayton/garner area for most of my life. Clayton is a growing town and has the friendliest people around. We have had tons of people from NY to move here. The schools are great if you have children. It still has the small town feel but with alot of the big city development. It is close to Raleigh by about 15-20 min. About 35 min to RTP where alot of jobs are. You also dont have to worry about walking down the street in your neighborhoods. I guess I am a bit biased since I am the rare person that is actually from here. Hope this helps.. Amy
Opps sorry Karen, I thought she meant Clayton Ga. which is close to the Great Smokey Mountains.
Clayton is a growing area with great schools and not even close to the mountains about 5 hours away I live and work on Flowers Plantation which is a PUD and is very nice area. I moved from Upsate NY myself Please feel free to visit my website and do a search Thanks Karen Lorenzo Remax Classic
Clayton is growing, the best thing to do is to visit the area and ask the locals at resteraunts, motels etc... they will tell you they love to talk. Also travel up 441 to Franklin, NC about 15 miles is the Welcome Center with tons of info for the area. You just might like the NC mountains instead. Check out the Schools too if you have kids. Should you need any help in NC you can contact me at Classic GMAC behind the High School.
I am a Realtor I can help you call me Karen 919-333-2201
My daughter has lived in Clayton for years -- I'll ask her when I speak with her later today and let you know!