General Area in San Antonio>Question Details

Fatcat76@aol…, Home Buyer in

looking to move to the san Antonio area from NYC next year with my family 2 teenage kids and a newborn can anybody tell some good area to look into.

Asked by Fatcat76@aol.com, Mon Apr 1, 2013

looking to be close to everything, schools ,shopping.

Answers

14
Jason C Campbell’s answer
The real problem with a general question like that is.. the answers are subjective at best. What I think is a great area, you might see as a dump, and visa versa...

The best way to pull off a successful location of the best home to fit what you are looking for... is to evaluate each home, take a look at the area it is in, and determine if it fits your wants and needs, and makes you feel like it's home.

You will want to look at things like commute to work... You may have the perfect home, but if you have to drive 2 hours to work every day, it may not be so great..

I can make this a lot easier for you... shoot me a text, send me an e-mail, or give me a quick call. I'll email you all of the homes that fit what you are looking for, help you to narrow the scope, and we can look a stats, surroundings, etc.

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Finalist - Buyer Expert
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
Web: http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
You can find your next home and All the information needed for your next move at http://www.JoseSellsSanAntonio.com
It is free and up to date!!
Good Luck.
Jose L. Novelo
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 1, 2013
If you are new to San Antonio, you might enjoy our new video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZRNeli2tQo&list=UUYqFj2s…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 1, 2013
Depends on what lifestyle you are used to? Are you from upstate in Albany or from the tri-county area and like the faster pace?

I am working with a doctor from NYC and I am from LA myself so we get along great and I have a keen sense of what he is looking for.

With Kids, like myself, I have to think that school districts are a key factor so there are three areas that come to mind right away.

I suggest you contact me directly so I can find out a few missing details and then I will definitely know where to put you from several choices in the north side of town.

If you need referrals, recommendations, I can give those to you without hesitation.

I look forward to serving you.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
gregory.touchstone@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 1, 2013
As a transplant to the San Antonio area myself, I'd like to welcome you to a wonderful place to live. The folks here are friendly and there's always something to do with the family on weekends. However, I will be honest and let you know its still hard to find a really good NY pizza or sub (I grew up in NJ), but the bbq can't be beat!

In regards to places to live, I would think you should start with finding something close to where you work so you can have more time to spend with the family. There are good areas in many different parts of the city. If you want to buy, you will find that the prices are extraordinarily low. If you want the more urban feel there are loft style places to live downtown.

As far as schools are concerned, we are a "young" city and it seems that there is school almost within 8 blocks of wherever you might find houses.

Call or email me so I can help you make San Antonio feel like home even before you move here. I have a few videos about San Antonio on my website at http://www.MySanAntonioHome.net

Christine Henderson
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate-Bradfield Properties
210-491-0021 ext 140 (direct access)
Changing Real Estate Dreams Into Reality Since 1985
We just moved here less than a year ago, my husband is Air Force. We are living in the Northwest Area we love it out here. Anywhere from Alamo Ranch area and up north is a great area. Just to for warn you if you are looking for a rental home, STAY AWAY from D' Ann Harper Coldwell Banker, the property management is HORRIBLE!! They would NOT fix anything, plumbing, electric, air conditioning unit or our disposal. It was really bad, when we moved it smelled really bad, the previous owner obviously had pets and it was never properly cleaned. We already had the moving truck in the driveway and nowhere else to go so we tried to make the best of it, but we finally had to get out. They charged us 800 to clean the carpet that was already ruined and tried to say that our dogs ruined the grass out back, we don't even own any dogs. Just stay away you will be sorry if you don't. On another note; the north side school district has been really wonderful and has really great ratings. Make sure you do know that most schools wont bus your children within a certain mile radius of the school so make sure to look into it. Good luck with your search. =)
Fatcat76,
Please check out the Helotes website http://www.helotes-tx.gov
Be sure to scroll down to Helotes Rated Best Small Town to Raise Kids in Texas by Bloomberg BusinessWeek...
Then contact me in Helotes. I have helped several clients from The Big Apple relocating to the far NW side of San Antonio.

Norma Tilleman, Realtor®, e-Pro
Realty Executives-Select Properties
13438 Bandera Rd, Helotes, TX 78023
210-452-6480
NormaT@RealtyExecutives.com
Hopefully, you received the information you need from the great agents on this site.

If you need help with your home loan, please contact me. I have 14 years experience in helping families finance their next home. I am familiar with all loan programs and property scenarios, FHA, VA, USDA ($0 Down), Conventional, Homepath, Short Sales, Bank Owned Foreclosures, etc. I’ll make sure you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision. Customer service and on time closing is top priority. Hope to hear from you soon.

Vino Alonzo, Loan Officer
NMLS# 184279
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
210-685-7642
valonzo@castlecooke.com
My name is Steve Vitola. I own and operate a full service Insurance Agency. Please allow me to be your Insurance Agent. I represent numerous insurance companies. I have lived in San Antonio all my life, I can tell you the pros and cons of San Antonio. What is your price range?

Steve Vitola
svitola@aol.com
210 842 4432
Well I think in so far as overall location combined with schools and shopping Alamo Heights is tough to beat in overall accessiblity. However some of the other neighborhoods "inside the loop" have amazing private schools....

North of 1604 is all new construction, whereas "inside the loop" classifies neighborhoods like Alamo Heights, Monte Vista, Olmos Park, Tobin Hill, and King William. Here you will find older, or historical- quality architecture, loads of trees, inviting street-scape, and tons of exciting things happening as the urban area is quite "switched on.".

And too, "Inside the loop," there is ample supply of art and culture, foodie-fun, friendly, lively, city, re-development, urban action, close to downtown and the evolving riverwalk.. I would think being from the city- you would gravitate to these areas?

If you want to do something COMPLETELY different and go charming, quaint, "country," look at New Braunfels or Boerne. They still offer proximity to a variety of locales of all genres... Certainly proximity to any commutes may help you to narrow it down. There are a ton of great things happening all over the city, and it is the hill country-beautiful in many areas.

Feel free to contact me directly if you would like anymore feedback, or if I can help in the transition, (a big one :- ), in any way.

-JD.
Life is going to be different for you. I sold a home for a couple moving from here to Manhattan and they also sold their BMW, SUV, furniture and big screen. you can't get by here without cars.

You can get into a school at any home price range. If your teens are middle schoolers, the top schools are in the Stone Oak area and in Brookhollow area. The top high schools are mostly north of 1604, but living there will mean some traffic.

You should consider your commute, Buy a home near one of the many interstates (San Antonio is among the top 3 in Interstate miles per capita and getting around is pretty easy for a city of 1.5 million).

Feel free to e-mail if you have any questions about the city. If we connect and you would like me to help you with your home search, we can do that too.

danbalcar@hotmail.com
The San Antonio area offers some great communities for families to move into. There are a number of communities that will provide a fantastic home at a very affordable price.

If you will let me know the monthly payment your are looking to have, I will find you the best neighborhood and home for you. Also, need to know your whats and must haves in a home.

Call me to discuss.

Thanks, Roland , Broker/Owner.
http://www.eCasaRealty.com
rolandg@gvtc.com
210-722-2725
Hi Fatcat76,

Well, your question is rather broad. There are lots of wonderful areas in the greater San Antonio TX area to look into. It would depend on what is important to you, for example, proximity to work or schools, both...price range and etc :).

That's why it's important to get with a local Realtor® who can help you to narrow down exactly where you want to be and what type of home you want.

I would be happy to help you if you like.

Brenda Mullen
Realtor®, ABR, e-Pro
RE/MAX Access
210-807-0819
We look forward to welcoming you & your family to the great city of San Antonio. There are tons of areas that are located near shopping, schools etc.

Feel free to contact me & I would be more than happy to assist you find the perfect home for your move.

Johnny E Williams
(210) 858-7899
jw@sahomestx.com
http://www.SAHomesTX.com