General Area in Branson>Question Details

Anna, Home Buyer in Branson, MO

looking to buy in branson area but with over 800 homes on the market and having no recently sold in the past 9 mos im worried about a bad investment.

Asked by Anna, Branson, MO Mon Apr 9, 2012

why have no houses sold in branson in the past 9 months? is this a mistake on truilias website? we've been watching the trends and wish to pay cash on a house, but do not want to move from a big city to a ghost town. any advice?

Answers

3
Hi Anna,
My name is David Gubin and I’m a REALTOR in the Branson – Tri-Lakes area. There have been lots of sales in Branson. Missouri is a non-disclosure state, which means when real estate is sold the sales price is not disclosed. Trulia requires a sold price when you mark a home sold, this why you are not seeing any properties sold on Trulia. If you like, you can go to my website and see a detailed market report for Branson, just go to http://www.moving2branson.com/Web/AR416028/CustomContent/index/5077939 and pick the April newsletter. I would also recommend you contact a local REALTOR who can assist you in your relocation. A local REALTOR knows the market and can help you find the right property at the right price. I would be more than happy to help you in anyway; you can reach me at 417-231-3229.
We had no idea about Missouri being a non-disclosure state! Thank you for explaining why truilia showed no signs of sold homes whatsoever, we were confused for sue. Thanks to all of you, for all the info. Anna
Flag Tue Apr 10, 2012
Anna, We have seen 1044 homes sell in the Branson area in the past 12 months. The median list price was $129,900 and the median sales price was $123,250. Unless you are investing in a home that is highly unusual in nature, an investment in real estate should be ok. Branson is far from a ghost town. Out of state inquireries regarding property in our Tri-Lakes area are running well ahead of the past two years. Send me your e-mail address to jim@bransonlistings.com and I will send you a complete 12 month Homes Sold report. I appreciate your question.

Jim Robertson, Broker/Sales
114 N Commercial
Branson, MO 65616
417-337-3794
Anna,
To get accurate information on our market I would suggest you find a Buyer's Agent that works the Branson area market. We have homes selling every day. Our inventory of homes for sale are at normal levels and we would normally increase the number of properties for sale this time of year. That is not happening and our market is very active. We are seeing a recovery here and expect it to continue. Our population is growing in the Branson area. The City of Branson has grown 73 % in the last 10 years and most of our residential housing is outside the city limits.

A Buyer's Agent can provide you with accurate information on sales, pricing, days on market and neighborhoods.

We would be happy to help. You can learn more about us at http://www.Robbins-Team.com and feel free to call me at 417-263-1930.

Have a great day!
Rob Robbins