General Area in Georgia>Question Details

Lena Cooper, Other/Just Looking in Florida

is there a hazard county in georga?

Asked by Lena Cooper, Florida Thu Aug 9, 2007

Answers

6
Hazard County, Georgia was fictional for the program Dukes of Hazard. It was a spinoff of the Kentucky city of Hazard.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 9, 2007
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
Hazard county is an unoffical county of Georgia that lives in the hearts of all Dukes of Hazard fans!

Hazard County acutally exists in Kentucky and much of the filming of the Dukes of Hazard took place in Covington,GA the square there is acutally the town square where you see the General Lee race around when the Duke boys are running away from Roscoe! Of course eventually they built a set in hollywood to replicate it.

Every year I think there is a fan club or organization for the General Lee that has a rally in Covington and everyone shows up with their General Lee cars etc.
THERE IS NO HAZARD COUNTY IN KENTUCKY!! ALTHOUGH THERE IS A CITY IN PERRY COUNTY KENTUCKY KENTUCKY AND ITS COUNTY SEAT IS HAZARD!!! I KNOW CAUSE I LIVE IN BREATHITT COUNTY WHICH IS ADJOINING TO PERRY COUNTY!!
Flag Sun Nov 9, 2014
Hazard county is a fictional placed that was created for Dukes of Hazard.
Well, I just learned something I didn't know I didn't know.... unfortunately I never watched the TV or Movie version of either and didn't even know it was supposed to be in Georgia, or was it?

BTW - the Beverly Hills mansion I did know about and went to as a child... not really that great when you see the homes in Georgia!!
Pam is absolutely correct! As a hillbilly, I am quite well versed in the history of the Dukes of Hazard...Hee Haw...the Beverly Hillbillies....and more. (The Clampet mansion, by the way, does exist in Beverly Hills, CA.)
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
Cindi Hagley, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA
Fictional place....as far as the county goes. They did shoot the original show in GA.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Only the first 5 episodes were shot in Georgia......,
Flag Sat Feb 9, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX