General Area in 30157>Question Details

Hope, Home Buyer in Villa Rica, GA

is it true you need 5 acres or more to have a few chickens and goats on your property?

Asked by Hope, Villa Rica, GA Sun Oct 16, 2011

Answers

3
Bill offers excellent advice! Rules vary by county. Check with your local Community Development Office.
yes i would like to have some land with a home because i rescue animals
Hi Hope,

Your best bet to find your answer is going to be to call the county you live in and ask them. Having said that, I know people that do have chickens and goats that do not have 5 acres of land. Of course, they do not live in a subdivision! The answer to your question varies by county and also could depend on neighbors that might not share your love for chickens and goats! They may complain to the County and the County might be forced to take action against you to have the animals removed. Overall, call the County to see what the actual rules are and then make your decision from there. I hope that helps you! Have a great day!