General Area in 34231>Question Details

brito1z28, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

is it a normal process to sign over my lot the builder in order for him to be approved for a loan to build my house?

Asked by brito1z28, Sarasota, FL Sun Mar 24, 2013

midland,tx....own my own lot....working with a realtor and she has builders and she sales the houses

Answers

8
Call the Charlotte Desoto Building Industry and ask the question - (941) 625-0804. Here is their web site too: http://cdbia.com/. If they can't help you, then I would also suggest calling an attorney. Best of luck to you.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 25, 2013
I would agree, that this practice sounds questionable and could involve you taking greater risk than necessary......another vote for getting legal advice to be on the safe side.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 25, 2013
Maybe you should interview some more builders.There are plently out there looking for work.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 25, 2013

I wouldn't consider doing something like this without the advice of a good real estate attorney.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 24, 2013
Ditto on Kasha's advice. The builder may need to show collateral for loan- but you need to consult a board certified Florida real estate and construction law atty to review all builder agreements before signing them. Call me at 941-266-2684 if you need me to refer you to some selected honest attorneys.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 24, 2013
I think it's time for a good real estate attorney. Good luck with the new home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 24, 2013
No, I would question a builder that wanted to have real property signed over to them. It just sounds wrong.
Brito! Kudo's to you and your market acumen.

On your team, surely you have a CPA & Real Estate Attorney -- both will help give you local advice as there very well may be significant swings on your profit/tax -- net-to-you decisions.

I'm looking forward to seeing the fresh new inventory. Thanks for contributing to our economy.

Sandra LaFlamme, Realtor
Marketing Expert/Coldwell Banker
941.961.5069