General Area in 29627>Question Details

Sarah, Other/Just Looking in Belton, MO

if i wanted to look up the history of my house, how do you suggest i do it?

Asked by Sarah, Belton, MO Tue Sep 18, 2007

Answers

11
National Association of Realtors is offering their member Realtors a new, much more accurate automated valuation website for real estate called Realtors Property Resource. It is similar to Trulia in how it works, but because it pulls data from more timely and accurate sources, the value prediction is much more accurate. It also provides a ton of historical data on the subject property along with a ton of neighborhood demographics of the subject's neighborhood. If you would like a value prediction along with all the info ask a Realtor to run a RPR for you. It is available on virtually any property in the U.S! Send me a request. I'd be happy to produce one for you or ask a Realtor in your area.
my daughter just bought a home at 10505 s. oxford chicago ridge illinois. it was built in 1896 and i would love to find out the true history of the home. thanks dan duffy duffster23@comcast.net
Flag Wed Jul 30, 2014
i think you should hit the libary and web if don't work ask round are old owners and land lords if need any more addvise just ask me and i will anser it
P,S you can ask bout any thing
how Old is my home located 6615 S Oakley Chicago IL. 60636
How do you find the history of a house?
I am trying to find out the age of my house. I live in Anderson County SC at 216 Fire Station Rd. I think the house is about a hundred years old.
Sounds like you are looking for historical data? We have a county archives that holds a lot of valuable information about historical homes in our county. I have a historic home listed right now and checked with them on historical info. Unfortunately, they didn't have as much as I had hoped for, but I did learn a couple of neat things about the house. Our local County Assessor's office has the ownership history. If I were you, I would start with the local Assessor's office and find out the names of the folks who owned it previously and then check to see if you have a county archive or historical society. If that doesn't work, you may want to find out where the local seniors hang out. They are usually a wealth of information and more than willing to chew the fat and share what they know - especially here in the South (lol).
Are you looking at a chain of title - that can be obtained from your local court house of title company.

If you are looking at permit history you can find that at the local building department.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
The easiest, most comprehensive way is to go to the courthouse in the county where the house is situated. This will not cost you anything but your time and maybe any copies of documents you get there.
Web Reference: http://www.iansellsnola.com
Sarah, your question indicates there is enough age to your property to have a history. Perhaps you will find the http://www.rootsweb.com/~scander2/ site of help to you. Williston will also be of help. The local Historical Society or Geneology Records along with Census records will give you additional information.
Should your interest only be recent history, Court House records which in many areas can be researched online are most helpful. Good hunting.
Depending on what type of information you are looking for, the place to start is the county record. There should be a physical description of the property in addition to the recent title history (depending how far back the records are kept). If you would like more detailed information, you could have a local title company run a title search for a detailed chain of title. Once you have this information, you might be able to start piecing together answers to whatever questions you have. Good luck!
Sarah,
What type of data are you seeking? The hyperlink below (in the "Web Reference" line) will take you to the Anderson County property records. It will show the previous owners of your home and the sale price and date of any title transfers. I hope that helps! If you're seeking other types of information, please re-post another more detailed question, and we'll try to help. Best of luck!