General Area in 21227>Question Details

Nickname, Home Seller in Baltimore, MD

ideas for selling a home

Asked by Nickname, Baltimore, MD Sun Apr 21, 2013

Curb appeal is one of the most appealing eye catchers. Keep the front yard looking great add some pretty colorful flowers. I believe the 2nd most important thing is to declutter. When potential buyers see clutter in a home it is an automatic turn off. They can not visualize what the actual home has to offer instead they only see the clutter. If necessary rent a POD to help declutter.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 22, 2013
The sale of your home can depend a great deal on whether or not it has Curb Appeal. What is Curb Appeal? Simply put, it is anything visible to a prospective buyer from the street that makes them want to see more of the house. Curb Appeal can be a powerful force in attracting potential buyers to your home. But how do you ensure that your house has as much Curb Appeal as possible?

Here are some easy places to start:

Make sure the lawn is mowed, and all trees and bushes are well trimmed.

Place planters of flowers or hanging baskets on the porch.

See that all flowerbeds are weeded and freshly mulched.

Check that the front door is attractive and freshly painted.

Consider re-painting the exterior of your house.

Give the outside of your home a good scrub: clean the windows, patio furniture, driveway and sidewalks.

Finally, make sure your house numbers are visible, your mailbox is in excellent condition, and that all porch and outside lights are working properly. You want interested buyers to find your home easily!

These are just a few ideas to get you started in preparation for selling your home. Once the home is ready to be put up for sale, it can be listed on my website, where it can get the attention of thousands of prospective buyers. I'd love to sit down and talk with you on other strategies for marketing your home. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
There are also professional home stagers that you can look into! When you are really at a stand still, a very minimal investment on a stager could end up saving you thousands and months on the market!
Are you looking for ideas to sell your home? How far along are you in the process? Have you met with a real estate professional? How quickly are you looking to move?

Thank you!

Marney Kirk

Keller Williams Excellence Realty
There are many ideas to sell a home. I would suggest first consulting with a REALTOR. Give me a call and I can discuss with you different marketing strategies we use including a Visual Tour of your home and syndicating your property to over 200 different websites through-out the country. Did you know that over 90% of potential buyers go to the internet FIRST when searching for a home? That is why I created www dot Search My Dream Home dot com. Visit my website for more details and to contact me.
plenty of ideas at internet sites "how to.."