General Area in Racine>Question Details

Tyler, Other/Just Looking in Racine, WI

i want to know the history on my house who lived there did anyone die there

Asked by Tyler, Racine, WI Sat Jan 23, 2010

I want to know about my house who lived here did anyone die here the history of my home 2319 20th str racine,wi 53403

Answers

16
Bdepari1’s answer
Brande, I moved into my now husband's house back in june, 2011. We renovated our house last year. Since the renovation a lot of strange things has been happening since, renter in Peoria, AZ.
I want to know about my house, who lived there, did anyone die in this house, what was it built on or over, did any of the owner's practice voodoo, witchcraft or were they occult or satanic worshipper's, etc. I want to know all of the history of my home located at: 8938 West Carol Avenue, Peoria, AZ 85345.
I want to know about my house who lived here did anyone die here the history of my home 715 David's street Marion Ohio 43302
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 6, 2014
56 saginaw tr shelton ct
did anyone die in the house
how many people died at 1129 Pacquette street , Sioux City, Iowa
how many people died in my home at 2355 Cheltenham toleo ohio
How do I find out the history of my house 1690 hummingbird lane norwood mo
I want to know the history of my home at 10180 Baron Drive St. Louis Mo. 63136 and if anyone died
i wonna know if anyone died in my house brothers say they seen apperitions around the house
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
Its alot of work from what I am seeing. I moved out of my home due to the constant banging , shadows and the growls . When I first moved into my home I was so excited it was the right price and it was perfect for me and my 2 kids. It became way to much for me to handle, I had to sleep on the couch everynight ,what ever it was that was in my home It was in my bedroom. It was a hard time in my life when I first moved in the home and I just wanted a new begining , My son and I was talking about it the other day and he brought to my attention that the day we moved in there was a pentagon on my bedroom floor I had totally forgot about it, I guess i was so happy to have my own home that i disregarded all the things i seen and heard . While i lived in that house i changed i became really stressed and unhappy and was on edge . I argued with my kids , Quit a great job and my life spiraled out of control . Its been a couple of years since i moved out . Things r better now. It made me believe.
Flag Fri Nov 22, 2013
i want to know the history of my home in1248 E Philadelphia Ave Gilbertsville Pa who died or lived there before me i was told the house was built in 1960.
i want to know the history on my home 1248 E Philadelphia Ave Gilbertsville Pa 19525,the home was built in 1960
Man I feel you....I been trying for some time to find an easy way to just look up who has lived and died at an old house I lived in because the house has just stuck with me my whole life, and it is a ridiculous hassle of applying for history info and deeds and such.......you would think if people have died in your friggn house and you search the terms" deaths at [address]" ...it would pop right up!
Unfortunately, none of us knows when or where we'll die-- depending on the age of the house, who knows anything is possible. You can start by gathering some information of your own, check public records, title searches, etc. If you like the property and know you'll be happy there, don't be too concerned over the issue--many others have walked this earth before us and their spirits, if they exist, could be anywhere.
Hi Tyler,

Your question, "i want to know the history on my house who lived there did anyone die there?" is an interesting assignment. First of all I take it you are neither a buyer nor a seller right now, so your question is academic.

There are a number of avenues you can use to come up with the data. Usually when a house is purchased the lawyers do a "title search", which is a chain of title or ownership. They may only go back 25 to 50 years, BUT I'd start there. Secondly you will be able to review old deeds at the County Registry of deeds, (or Hall of Records) it may go by another name in Racine, but they will know if you call the county. Each deed on file says who now owns the house and who the prior owner was, so you can continue back the chain as far as there are records.

Probably there is a Historical Society which would have old phone books and voter records, and around the turn of the last century residential directories were popular (before phone books). Old maps (I mean really old) maps often showed the houses drawn along a street and often had the names of the owners on them.

Also you ask if anyone died there. The older the house the more likely that is to have happened. In fact it was common to have babies born at home, hospitals didn't really have maternity areas until the 1930's. And of course, old folks homes were scarce then too, so Grandma and Grandpa lived with the family in the "Big" house until they died--probably also at home.

Good luck in your search, as you turn each stone you will learn more and more about the house and your neighborhood.

Hope this helps,

Dane Hahn
Broker
Web Reference: http://daneandsandra.com
Tyler,
The current real estate tax rolls show that a family by the name of Thomsen have owned 2319 Twentieth St since 7/1/1988. If you would like to find out who owned the property prior to that, go to the Register of Deeds office and ask to look at their records. That record should take you all the way back to the original owner. Also, you can go to the library and search through publications known as the city directory to see who lived at that address every year. As far as deaths in the house, I really don't know how you would research that. Perhaps you could look up police or ambulance/fire dept records somewhere (newspaper archives??).

Dave Bellovary
Broker Associate
RE/MAX Newport Realty Corp
Racine, WI
In some cultures - this is a VERY important concern. I have been asked by purchasers to get this information for them in order for them to be comfortable in purchasing the home.

As professional agents, we are limited in the questions we can answer.

I would explain to your agent why you are looking for the information - and TOGETHER craft a letter to the seller or the sellers estate explaining why you would like the information.

In some cases the sellers refuse to comment - in others they give an honest response.

Do you have spirits visiting you ? Seriously if the home was listed in MLS...we can tell you the owners for the past 7 years. Before that,,,or if the house transferred ownership in some other way...inheritance, quit claim, for sale by owner...the county register of deeds office will be able to help you with the chain of ownership. As to who died there...hmmm...Google past owners names or obituaries in the area after researching the ownership. We know people who have said they have friendly and unfriendly spirits in their homes...and do everything from talk to them to having them exorcised....best of luck !