General Area in Barton Hills>Question Details

paulakch1258, Other/Just Looking in Austin, TX

i need some questions answered for a survey what is the cost to a apartment locator company either hourly or fixed to find a short term tenancy

Asked by paulakch1258, Austin, TX Wed Jan 23, 2013

Answers

6
If your a tenant the owner pays your realtor/apartment locator. So it should cost you nothing but the time to go look with your Realtor. If your a landlord looking for a tenant the fees vary from Realtor to Realtor. You should call a few and simply ask what they charge.
I am an apartment locator as well as a realtor. I have an extensive apartment database and have been inside almost every apartment in the austin Metro area. My services are free and in addition, I give my clients a 'move-in bonus" for using my service.
If you are looking to find what apartment locator companies make and then what their costs are, I would go directly to those companies that provide those services.
It shouldnt be too hard to back into it too if you ask the apartments what they pay for referral fees and then what the locators themselves make.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Paul, message me if you would like me to refer you to a good apartment locator. As you probably have read below, they do not charge you anything, as they're paid by the landlord typically.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012) Call 512-261-4415
The fee to the apartment locator is paid by the apartment complex at which the locator's client has leased at. The client is never charged the fee, so because of this we often say that we offer a "Free" service to our clients. Many apartments do not pay locators on anything less than a 6 month lease. Hope this answers your question.

~Eric
They are typically paid by the owner so it wont cost you a thing....