General Area in Blacksburg>Question Details

Kim Mcconnau…, Home Buyer in 77449

i'm looking for an affordable home purchase for my daughter & her 2 kids, must be within my cost range payment

Asked by Kim Mcconnaughey, 77449 Fri Apr 18, 2008

wise, monthly payment cost. perf. home, but will consider trailer if its in decent shape. or forclosures etc.

Answers

6
Kim, we all agree, the first order of business is to get pre-qualified with a lender. This will avoid a lot of heartache as well as wasted time. You certainly do not want your daughter & grand children to find the home of their dreams only to discover it's out of reach, or to settle on something when they could be much more comfortable. Depending on lifestyle, employment, etc., you may want to consider the area just north...foothills of NC. Feel free to contact me if I can assist you in any way.
Web Reference: http://www.cb650west.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2008
the term "cost range" is too wide open. In order to be successful in your search, you first need to sit down with a mortgage professional. Then you find a realtor who is experienced with foreclosed properties. At the moment, buyers can make good deals by purchasing properties from the banks and HUD. There is just too much inventory they have to maintain and it's costly. The sooner they sell, the better. In areas where you have a lot of foreclosures due to over building, these sellers reduce their list prices monthly and are still willing to negotiate down from there. You have to find a realtor who knows how to handle that.
Kim;
The question I have is, First, What do you consider "Affordable"?, Then where are you wanting to invest?
Remember that most "trailer" type home will continually depreciate the longer you own them.. Would be very interested in more info as to how you might best be advised..
Jerry Kilgo, Realtor
Coldwell Banker United
Columbia,SC
If you want to be centrally located to Charlotte, NC, Savannah, Ga, Atlanta, Ga, or Fayetteville, NC, give me a call. We have homes to fit all financial preferences. I will personally find your daughter and grand children the best neighborhood to fit their lifestyle.
We have many affordable homes in the upstate of SC, but again -- knowing your payment and price max. for a mortgage is key. If you're looking in the upstate of SC area, I'd be glad to get you more information. Have a GREAT day!
Hi Kim, what a sweet gesture for your daughter and grandchildren. I would recommend you go to a mortgage company or your bank and get preapproved for a loan. Then you decide on your comfort level for a monthly payment. Don't forget to factor in mortgage insurance, taxes and insurance and any hoa . That way, you'll know exactly how much your monthly payments will beand what price range you should look in. Good Luck . Feel Free to use the mortgage calculator on my website.
Lisa Thompson
Weichert Realtors
Summerville, SC
843/270-2221