General Area in San Antonio>Question Details

Lapantera220…, Renter in San Antonio, TX

i have a friend who will need to rent a home in the nw san antonio area in mid decemeber. their credit is not great. where will she be able to find a?

Asked by Lapantera22000, San Antonio, TX Sun Jul 29, 2012

i have a friend who will need to rent a home in the nw san antonio area in mid decemeber. their credit is not great. where will she be able to find a rental in this area that can get her approved for a rental home. they have no trouble paying the rent or deposits required. any info will be helpful

Answers

6
Since she has until December, I'd recommend that she work on her credit between now and then. If she has no trouble paying rent or deposits, it sounds like her credit might not be so terrible it can't be improved in this time.
There is free help out there, but be very careful. There is a government site she can try: http://ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre13.shtm
I have a lender I count on to help my clients who are purchasing a home get their credit scores up. Let me know if she wants to give him a call to see what he says.
The rental market is very competitive right now, so she will want to do everything she can to make herself look more attractive to rental companies.
Best of luck!
Kathy Walsh
(210) 862-7721
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 29, 2012
What ever she does make sure she stays away from D' Ann Harper Coldwell Banker Realtor, their property managers are Horrible!! Trust me she will regret it!! Good Luck with your search!!
As a Real Estate Agent I do only APT-LOCATING.. for not good credit they can charge you up to one month rent.. WENDY MCNATT LREA 210-909-9659 CALL OR TXT
Hi :

There are some agents that will work with your friend. They may ask questions about her credit. Some may ask for double deposits? But call me at 210-392-3386 and I will sit and talk with your friend and work from there. I will be glad to help. Thanks Diana
It is important to know that what property managers look for is not the same as the Lenders when applying for a house.
I can help yous friend to find the right house and the right monthly rent for her.
Good Luck.
Jose L. Novelo
I am sure they can find something, however what is their credit score and what can they do to fix it. They may be able to get their score up enough to buy by December. Their are some lenders that will do 600 credit score and a few that will do 580. Have them call me and we can see what is the best way to go for them.

Karen Watson, Realtor
210428-1042