General Area in Punta Gorda>Question Details

Beeman, Home Buyer in Punta Gorda, FL

how much are the utility bills in punta gorda.?

Asked by Beeman, Punta Gorda, FL Sat Jun 4, 2011

Answers

4
Florida Power and Light
fpl.com
941-639-1106

Telephone, Cable, Internet
Century Link - 800-339-1811
Verizon - 800-483-4000
Comcast - 1-877-870-4310 - http://www.comcast.com

Charlotte County Utilities
941-764-4300
25550 Harbor View Rd, Unit 1
Port Charlotte, FL 33980
http://www.charlottecountyfl.com/CCU/
Beeman,

This is not a question that can be responded to easily beacuse your utility bills will depend on a number of factors:
size of your home
window efficiency
degree of insulation
whether or not the home has radiant barriers
pool
heated pool
AC efficiency(the older the unit the higher your consumption)
height of ceilings
ceiling fans
computerized thermostat
availability of a humidistat
your personal tolerance to heat

Being in contact with FPL, our energy provider, (florida power & light) would likely be your best avenue for accurate information. (800) 226-3545

I guess, it will depend...it will depend on how muxh electricity you use. I recently called Florida Power & Light (FPL) and asked them why my electricity bill went up. I have a 2200 sq ft home, AC, w a pool etc. My bill was $180.00 up $30.00. They did a complete analysis w/ me on the phone, It turns out that $156.00 of the bill was for the AC. Did you know a ceiling fan uses $.01 per hour and lowers the room temp. 3 degrees. Well I set my AC down another degree (now @ 79) and am utilizing my fans more. Actually, it is even more comfortable in the house. Once you have your statement, give them a call. They will be happy to help you.
941-639-1106
Hope this is helpful.

I am doing a great Open House today. 7673 SW Environmental Lab St., Arcadia. (10 mins from Punta Gorda & Port Charlotte) 1:00PM-3:00PM. Would be happy for you to stop by!

Please keep me in mind if you or your friends have any Real Estate questions or needs. I work hard to earn your business and respect.

Sandra Rubinstein; Keller Williams Real Estate
941-268-8918
Florida Power and Light (FPL) supplies electricity for our area. You can go on FPL's site and compare what you pay now to their rates. Just take the amount of electricity you use on an average month and multiply it by their rate. Here is one source from their web: http://www.fpl.com/rates/pdf/lowbill.pdf

If you need help with other area questions and finding a home, you can email me at: PHYLLJK@KW.com and search for homes at: SEARCHFLORIDAREALESTATE.INFO.

Phyllis Koch,