General Area in 34953>Question Details

Steve, Other/Just Looking in Florida

how do i go about seeing if i am the only on on my deed or my co signer is also?

Asked by Steve, Florida Sat Apr 26, 2008

Answers

5
Steve, go to PASLC.org. That is the web site for the Property Appraiser, St. Lucie County. Click on Real Estate then look up by owner name or address. On the left you will see the property. Click on card and the mailing address is the indivudual or individuals that are on the deed. If you look on the left by last purchase date. You will see what the property previously sold for.
I hope this helps.
Debbie Beichel Albert
Coldwell Banker Residential
Web Reference: http://www.ronanddebbie.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 16, 2008
Go to your County Seat - You can look in the Deed Books and or Mortgage Books. Do you have a copy of the closing papers on your home ? Go to your municpal office and go the the tax office they will have that information. Are you still in touch with your mortgage broker ? What about the realtor that you bought the house from, they could help
Steve,
You should be able to go to St Lucie County Court House, Clerk of the Courts office and obtain a copy of the Deed. I can almost assure you that if you have a loan on that house and you have a co-signer on that loan, then yes, that co-signer will most likely be on that deed as well.
Click this link, maybe it will help http://oncore.slcclerkofcourt.com/oncorewebpublic/Search.aspx
Hi Steve,

You can obtain a recorded copy of your Deed and Mortgage from the County Clerk's office in the recording department. As Jessica told you, they probably have a county website where you can do a name search under your name to view a copy of that. It will be under the Official Records for the county in which the property is located. You will not be able to find about a co-signed, unless their name is on the Mortgage and Deed. A Promissory Note that are secured by the Mortgage are usually no longer recorded in public records. You will need to either contact the Mortgage Company who gave you the loan, or refer to the documents you were given at closing. There will be a copy of the Note in your package. If you go back to the person who brokered the loan for you, either a Mortgage Company or Bank, they may have access to their files and could provide you with the information. In the event you did owner financing on a Contract for Deed, that document would have to be (and definitely should be) recorded for you to be able to find that information throught the County site. In that case, if you can't find your copy, you would have to get that from the person you bought the property from.

Web Reference: http://www.DianneScott.com
Steve,
Hello. You will need to go to your local county website and search public records. Since I do not know what county you are in I can not send you that link. If you do not know what our county site is you can search via any search engine, like google. From the site you will want to search public records. If you can not determine how to navigate the internet site, just give them a call on Monday. Most of the counties that I have delt with in Florida are very helpful and if you explain what you need and that you have never done this before most people will point you in the right direction. Good Luck on your search.