General Area in Dallas>Question Details

Millie, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

how do i find homes that are in short sale in the far north dallas or plano area?

Asked by Millie, Dallas, TX Sat Aug 14, 2010

Answers

9
Your Realtor can send you homes that on the surface appear to be bargains.

One word of advice: don't limit yourself to short sales. Besides short sales taking a very long time to get approved, the bank will usually not allow you to get expected seller concessions, like home warranty or allowance for carpet or repairs or closing costs.

Ask your Realtor to send you a list of properties that are priced below market, regardless of whether they're short sales, foreclosures, or normal listings.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 23, 2010
As realtors, we have access to the great database called the MLS that allows us to narrow the search down by short sales only as well as pretty much anything we want.

I'll be happy to set up a search for you if you wish. Feel free to drop me an email.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 14, 2010
Millie,
An agent who works that area regularly can create a search specifically for you and send you results regularly. I have a question for you, why short sales? My guess is that you are looking for a good buy. If that is the case, I wouldn't limit your search to short sales. Find an agent willing to send you lots of inventory which meets your needs. Sort through the homes and drive by some on your own to get a sense of condition, neighborhood etc then schedule some showings.
Short sale can be good deals, but good deals can be had on other homes as well, it really only matters on the seller’s motivation and need to sell quickly. Short sales are not quick, the can take months and may not get approved. The money you save on them is earned through patience and uncertainty.
If you need a referral to a local agent, let me know and I can send you some options to consider. If you are already working with an agent, let them know what you want, get pre-approved for your financing and be ready to move when the right home come along.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 14, 2010
Hi Millie,
Best way is to have an agent set up a search in the areas you prefer. The agent can see in private remarks and also often determine by psf pricing when it is a short sale. As you are probably aware, short sales most often take much longer from contract to closing and even to get initial approval from the bank involved. It is for the very patient!
Susan
Hi Millie,
I actually just showed a short sale in Plano that just came on the market yesterday. I also have a resource that can help expedite short sales. If you need some assistance, feel free to call me. Thanks!
Susan Hanson
Happy to place you on an automatic alert when a home is listed as a short sale.

I would need your lender approval amount your specifications.

Once property posted to MLS you will receive an automatic email alert

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Many times when you search on ebby.com, realtor.com, trulia, or willow, the property description will tell whether or not it is a short sale. Can't search for short sales as a criteria.
Millie,

The best place to start is with an Agent. As a buyer, you have the good fortune of not having to pay for the services of an agent. A good agent can help you every step of the way and help you work through the nuances of short sales or real estate opportunities.

If you dont have one in mind, I would love to help. I am certified in short sales and foreclosures. My desire is to be of service and customer/client satisfaction is my main goal.

Please feel free to contact me anytime. I look forward to helping you find a great home.

Patricia McCrite REALTOR CNS,SFR, TAHS
214-862-2457
patricia.mccrite@kw.com
Millie,

Like Dan said any agent can help you and at no cost to you. Unfortunately our local Dallas board only has a search criteria for foreclosures and not short sales. So it is hard to search by just that criteria.

Also as Dan said definitely dont hesitate to look at everything especially foreclosures as they are a sure deal at the price they accept. Short Sales are priced on an agents best guess and then dependent on the bank saying ok, which can take a while and sometimes they dont even say yes.

If you do not have an Agent I would be happy to Assist I am a Full Time Real Estate Broker and I have sold Homes All the way from Roanoke to Canton.... I am very knowledgable and as and added bonus I give 20% of my commission back to all my buyers.

RJ
214-682-0598