General Area in Los Angeles>Question Details

Garyfromla, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

how do i become a hard money lender?

Asked by Garyfromla, Los Angeles, CA Tue Oct 19, 2010

What licensing, qualifications and or certifications are required to start hard money lending or private lending?

Help the community by answering this question:


Ron Escobar’s answer
That is a tough question... Having some experience myself and having lost a lot of money, I can tell you that like any other profession... is best to crawl before you walk and run. There are plenty of outfits that specialize in raising money from investors and lending it for real estate. they have experience, underwriting guidelines and a track record. If you have money t lend, you should contact some of these folks and have them lend it for you... utilize their knowledge and experience... and learn from it.. if you are still willing to do the loans yourself then you will have some perspective.

Best of luck!

Ron Escobar
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 19, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer