General Area in Norwalk>Question Details

Francisco, Home Buyer in echeverria

how but is dreammy holow community, why is no cheap compare with other properties, ???

Asked by Francisco, echeverria Mon Feb 11, 2008

Answers

3
Dreamy Hollow is a co-op, which is more rare in CT than NY. The common charges are quite high (on average about $950/ mo) but they cover all taxes, heat, hot water, pool, garbage, and property maintenance. The benefit of a co-op is that you can write-off your common charges on your annual tax return (something you cannot do in a condo). Mortgage and common charges would average about $1600/ mo. for a 1200 sq ft. Townhouse with two bedrooms and bathroom. You will not find this kind of space and layout in Lower Fairfield County for this price. I am a resident here ten years (meaning I bought at the height of the market) and still feel it is the best investment I could have made.
Dreamy Hollow is a co-op, it is also difficult and time consuming to be accepted by the board. The common charges can go as high, or higher than $1,200.00 per month. They include property taxes and controlled heat and hot water, as well as pool maintenance and all other expenses. There are one - three bedroom units. Some come with garages, but not always the case. You can get on a list to purchase a garage. There is no assigned parking. People that were grandfathered in may rent out their units, but there are very few of those.
Dreamy Hollow is a co-op with about $850-$899 in monthly fees. You cannot rent out the properties you buy in a co-op situation and everyone who wishes to live there is interviewed by the co-op board. In a condo the common charges are much lower, ie. $100-350, based on whether it has a swimming pool, cluhouse, tennis courts etc.
If I can assist you more please call me.

Ripee Sawhney
Century 21 Landmark
Email: Ripee.Sawhney@Century21.com