General Area in 20110>Question Details

Jagdip, Home Buyer in Springfield, VA

demographics of sumner lake area

Asked by Jagdip, Springfield, VA Thu Nov 6, 2008

hi,

How is the neighborhood of sumner lake area. I am planning to buy home in sumner lake are and i saw new big homes in this area but i do not know much about crime rate etc. in this area. also, how are the schools, drinking water etc. in this area ? are there any issues with hospitals as compare to loudoun or fairfax county ?
any information is very helpful

Answers

3
I don't know if you are still interested in buying in Sumner Lake. It is a very nice community and close to shopping and schools. As for the crime you are going to have to contact the Manassas City Police to search crime rates. But if there is anything I can help with, don't hesitate to contact me.
Hi, Jagdip.

My name is Suzanne and I'm a Realtor with Move4Free Realty in Manassas. I realize you posted this question last year, but thought I would still answer it in case you are still interested in the neighborhood. I actually used to live in Sumner Lake for 6 years. It is a wonderful, charming neighborhood with freshly manicured landscaping and a beautiful lake which includes fountains and a large fitness trail. The homes were built beginning around 2003-2004. The schools are Manassas City Schools, which are highly respected in the area. I personally did not experience any sort of crime when I lived there, but I would recommend checking with local law enforcement (Manassas City Police) or searching the crime rates online. Also speaking from personal experience, I had no problems whatsoever with Prince William Hospital. I had all of my three children at the Birthing Center there, and the staff was excellent. Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be glad to help!
The neighborhood in this area appears nice, while you are within the limits of the neighborhood. However, this neighborhood is surrounded by a "poorer" area. Be forewarned. When there is a mix of socioeconomic classes, there is a high crime rate in the "rich" area. Because the "poor" area, which directly surrounds it is constantly having the wealth being flaunted in their faces. This is a known phenomina in criminal justice and crime statistics. I don't know which school that nieghborhood directly feeds into, but you are better off at Osborne than Osborne Park (similar names very different schools). Prince William Hospital is drastically worse than any other hospital in Virginia. The incompitance of the Hospital is so bad that they are incapable of properly caring for routine accidents involving broken bones etc (the horror stories of the hospital are endless). But, most people in the area just travel out to Fair Oaks hospital if given the choice. Regarding the drinking water, there were notices about cancer causing agents in the water a couple of years back. Laws required them to warn the people living in the area. They claimed to have fixed the problem, but the locals who know about it drink bottled water.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 6, 2009