General Area in 75022>Question Details

Nonrealtor, Other/Just Looking in 75022

contesting taxed property value

Asked by Nonrealtor, 75022 Fri Jun 5, 2009

I believe my house is over-values for tax purposes. What's the best way to contest property value?

Help the community by answering this question:


Quick follow up on my last answer. To all of the buyers buying foreclosures or short sales, you may be entitled to show your purchase price as your first year taxes, due to that being your present value. Check it out with your local county tax office. I've attached the Flower Mound tax office link.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 20, 2009
I have completed CMAs for Tax disputes the last 4 years for many of my past clients. They all have been successful in getting their taxes reduced to the true market value. All you will need is a well prepared CMA on your home and if it reflects a value lower than the county tax appraised value. They usually will adjust it right away. You can do this by just going down to denton county tax appraisal office and present it to the clerk.
Email me if you may need one for January 2010.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 15, 2009
The best way is to engage a professional Realtor and have them run a Competitive Market Analysis. This will arm you and enable you to argue your case with the County Tax Appraisers office. There's a formal process to contest taxes and it varies by county. In Denton County you'll need to present your case to a panel. This is not a back and forth discussion. You present your case and then they deliberate and give a verdict. If I can assist you, please contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 24, 2009
Hi Nonrealtor,

Each country has a Tax Appraisal office. They have the forms and thr process to use to challenge your tax. Check on-line or call the County court house for their number.

Good luck

Dominick Dina
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 5, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer