Macky, Home Buyer in 08844

can somebody tells me why basking ridge is considered to be so much better than warren? and its real estate does not seem to be moving at all.

Asked by Macky, 08844 Thu Mar 15, 2012

I don't want to put all my eggs into the Basking ridge basket. i like warren - its schools are very good too. so why does it come out second best as a town? it does appear to have very few parks and playgrounds.

Answers

3
Hi there - two great towns, and they are often included in the same search. Sitting on either side of 78, both have great access to highways generally and specifically to NYC. And as Jennifer has so well captured, Basking Ridge inventory is moving very well. Consider that a normal/balanced market is 5-6 mo to sell and anything less is a Seller's Market - anything more a Buyer's Market by degree. Warren at around 7 months is moving sell as well.
I
Both have well respected schools - and the quality of schools and access to highways/NYC are among top deciding factors for most of our Basking Ridge has 2 train stations and bus service to the city - Warren does not. Basking Ridge does have lots of parks, but we have very nice facilities in downtown Warren as well as sports fields elsewhere in town.

Two great towns - recommend you look at them - and the inventory availalbe to you in parallel

Jeannie Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Hi Maky,

The differences between Warren and Basking Ridge are subtle. As Pat said below, you really can't go wrong with either choice, I think it's a matter of preference. Warren is a regional school district - some prefer the township district format. Basking Ridge had a train station, Warren does not. Basking Ridge has a quaint downtown area - Warren doesn't; but Warren offers a larger selection of shops and restaurants.

Some stats for each town as of today according to the MLS - in your question it isn't clear which town you are saying isn't moving:

Basking Ridge: 159 available listings, 36 sales in the last 30 days (absorption rate: 4.4 months); there are 12 properties in attorney review.

Warren: 128 available listings, 19 sales in the last 30 days (absorption rate: 6.7 months); there are 7 properties in attorney review.

I don't think you need to limit yourself to one town - - go see some homes in Warren - - you will know if it's right for you.

Jennifer
Both Basking Ridge and Warren are very desireable places to live and both school districts have fine reputations. Basking Ridge has quite a few parks including a major one known as Pleasant Valley Park which is comprised of swiimming pool, tennis courts, children's playground area, outdoor theatre. Either town is a good choice...you can't go wrong. Good luck.
Best Wishes,
Pat Pertusi
Turpin Real Estate