General Area in 49512>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

can anyone recommend a residential real estate appraiser, preferably one who has tax tribunal experience. Thanks.

Asked by Voices Member, Wed Jun 2, 2010

Answers

2
Jeff, usually a lender or mortgage / finance companies higher appraisals for you. If you stop by our website http://www.ListTrue.com you'll find our mortgage representative listed under services. Good Luck!
I'm guessing you are preparing to appeal your taxes . . . My husband and I appealed ours 3 years ago. We consulted with attorneys, etc. but decided to fight on our own. My best advice is to build your case by first going to the township or city and receive your property card. Make sure that everything is accurate - - ie. measurements, etc. Next, we requested the property cards of neighboring homes with similar features and made comparisons. It took us two years, but we successfully had our taxes reduced. After we were denied at the township level, we appealed to the state tax tribunal. There was a terrible back-log in cases, so it took over a year before the tax tribunal ever scheduled a hearing. As the hearing approached, the township assessor contacted us to settle, which we did. We had purchased the house (which was a foreclosure) for $100,000. The township taxed us based on the value of $177,000, which they claimed the house was worth. As I stated, we reduced the taxable value to $57,800.

It was a tough and stressful battle, but definitely worth it!