General Area in Chicago>Question Details

amclaurin1059, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

average price per square ft for 1bedroom condo in Chicago in 2013

Asked by amclaurin1059, Chicago, IL Mon Apr 15, 2013

Answers

11
What property are you looking into that you would need this information?
In Chicago price per square foot doesnt matter. Here we only care about what comparable properties sold recently.
Too broad a question. Are you buying or selling? Living in the condo or renting it out? You need to work with an agent who can help you achieve your specific goals in a neighborhood and building that will work best for your needs. Good luck!
The question you are asking all depends on the neighborhood and area. It also will have to do with finishes of a property as well. We also do not know if you are talking about a sales or rental.

Without more specifics no once can answer your question correctly.
Sales of a bedroom condo in downtown Chicago as of 2013
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
There is no general price per sq/ft. Also, in Chicago, we dont determine price by sq/ft we do it by comps. I dont know why we are like the rest of the civilized world, but we don factor in price per sq/ft.
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com. You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
Price doesn't go by square feet it depends on the Landlords rent and taxes and the % they choose to charge tenants
That question itself leads to many more: Are you buying, selling , refinancing? The question also leaves out the 3 rules in real estate, LOCATION< LOCATION< LOCATION! There is an answer to your question however, there is no value in the answer! If you are trying to make some decision with the information you requested, ask specific questions of a professional so you get the information you need to make the decision at hand
What area are you considering? What type of 1br? High rise tends to cost more than walk ups.
Web Reference: http://Www.markmalave.com
1 bedroom condo high rise
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
This will vary widely based on what neighborhood you are looking at.