General Area in San Antonio>Question Details

Lapantera220…, Renter in San Antonio, TX

are there any safe with good school districts in the north and north east side of san antonio. needing to commute to lackland afb for new job

Asked by Lapantera22000, San Antonio, TX Fri Jun 15, 2012

willing to pay up to 1100 a month for a home. have a small dog

Answers

9
Rosie Kelch’s answer
Finding good schools is very important I would be happy to discuss which schools would fit your childrens specific needs... Call me I would be happy to help you find the best options for you and your family: Mobile 210-846-3027
If its Lackland AFB, I would suggest the NW side of San Antonio. I have helped out a lot of military families wanting rentals and I think we could find you exactly what you are looking for.

Email me soon so we can start the search and find you a home!

Maegan Olguin
JBGoodwin REALTORS
Maegan-olguin@jbgoodwin.com
We live in the Northwest, Silver Oak's area. My husband drives to Lackland, AFB everyday, it is about a 25 minute drive, its fairly quick. The schools in this area are great!! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in San Antonio. Alamo Ranch area (kind of pricey) and anywhere north is a great area to have kids. The schools in this area have really great ratings. Check out their website, NISD.com. We were living in the 78254 area paying 1300 for a 4 bd 2.5 bath with a loft, in a great subdivision off of Shaenfield Rd. Very nice, but affordable area.
Just a warning, stay away from D' Ann Harper Coldwell Bankers Realtor, their property management is Horrible and they are NOT PRO MILITARY. We rented with them when we first moved here and had a really bad experience, they are very unprofessional. Good luck with your search. =)
I get this question a lot and there are wonderful schools all over San Antonio and it really depends on what you mean by good. I raised four children in the NEISD in the North Central and my husband and I are both retired Air Force and he still commutes to Lackland AFB every day as he works for Civil Service now.

I would be happy to discuss which schools would fit your childrens specific needs. There are magnet schools for kids with special skills that want to concentrate on those and then there are schools that are known for being more challenging and helping children do better in college. As I said, please feel free to call or email me and I would be happy to assist you.

Terri Saari

Terri Saari, Realtor®
GRI, CNE, SFR, e-Pro, ABR, AHLS, CHMS, CNHS
Certified Relocation Specialist
Retired United States Air Force
Kimberly Howell Properties
21252 Gathering Oak, Ste 100, San Antonio TX 78260
210-887-3477 Cell
210-493-6888 Office
210-493-7002 Fax
http://www.WelcomeHomeToSA.com
First you will need to google "map of military bases in san antonio." This will show you where Lackland is located inside of the city limits. If you find an area that you are interested in living, then you will be able to google and plan your route to Lackland AFB and know the best routes to take. You can also get information from Zillow on the neighborhoods and schools if you are interested. Good luck and welcome to San Antonio.
I live in Sonoma Ranch. My family and I love living there. It's a bit of a commute to Lackland but it's worth it. For something a lot closer, you may like Potranco Run or Redbird Ranch as well. They have a 15 minute commute if you take 211 to 90 but are far enough out to be quiet and safe.

Please look at http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapd/Neighborhood.asp?res=1280&… (for crime stats.)
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ (for sex offender locations) and
http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/aeis/2011/index.html (for school rankings.)
Lackland is on the NW side of town... and most folks looking for a great school head out to the Brandeis school district...

The mention of the small do leads me to believe you are looking for a rental?
yes of course not enough time to buy a home. would like to rent for 1 year before deciding on permanent location
Flag Fri Jun 15, 2012
I have worked with MANY Lackland families. Give me a call and I can help guide you.

Stefanie Patterson
RE/MAX North-San Antonio
210-501-9133
stefanie@stefaniepatterson.net
Hi Lapantera22000,

Trulia has a Crime Maps feature which can help you determine the crime levels of neighborhoods.

To find the Crime Maps feature in San Antonio, follow this link:
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/San_Antonio-Texas/crime/

Toggle to the Schools tab to learn where the schools are and how they are rated.

If I can help with anything else, just let me know!

Kim
Community Manager, Trulia Voices