General Area in Buffalo>Question Details

Manisha, Real Estate Pro in Cupertino, CA

are fall colors worth experiencing on east coast?

Asked by Manisha, Cupertino, CA Wed Sep 19, 2007

Answers

8
I was born and raised in Western New York and I still can't get over the beauty of the Fall foliage here. Fall is my favorite time of year and if you have the chance, a train ride from Buffalo/Niagara Falls right to NYC. The route follows the Hudson River Valley which is breath taking in Fall. Take a stop in Hyde Park and visit the CIA (Culinary Institue of America) and experience a river cruise, 5-star dining and a bounty of bed and breakfasts!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 2, 2007
If you have never had the experience of the fall colors of WNY, then you need to get on a plane and see for yourself! The beauty will humble your spirit!
Are you kidding? Absolutely!
Are you kidding me...is the sky blue??? YES!!!!
Northwestern PA was breathtaking last October.
Absolutely!

It is quite amazing for those that have never been on the East Coast for the fall to experience the depth of the leaf color that we experience here. Having lived in a Mid-Atlantic state for most of my life, fall can be experienced here like no where else in the US. Beautiful Azur Blue skies, red, orange, yellow and multiple mixes in betweeen on the trees, crisp cool air in the morning and evening, and as we get deeper into fall, all day long. There is nothing like it. I lived in the midwest for a few years and fall there was nice but not like the East Coast. Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire are spectacular earlier in the season than if you go further south. The Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia are absolutely spectacular later in the season depending on how August ended and September began and sometimes, not very often, I believe I only experienced this once, and it was quite a few years ago, you may even be lucky enough to get a light dusting of snow mixed in with the changing leaf color especailly along I-81 between Pennsylvania and Virginia, this is truly spectacular.

To some this all up, fall on the East Coast is truly gorgeous, Mother Nature at her best.
The hardest part of answering this question is defining where is the best place on the east coast to experience the fall colors.

The simple yes/no part of the question is a resounding "YES" (sorry to scream!)

Throughout all the Northeast states, the colors are magnificent. Wherever is easiest for you to get to is probably the best place to go. The link below is a resource for tracking the colors and leaf drop week by week. There are also historical archives to compare last years reports to the current year.

http://www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/northeast_us/

Enjoy!
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
The most breathtaking site on my trip to Niagara Falls in October 1999 was dirving out towards Rochester, coming to the top of the escarpment and seeing hundreds of square miles of amazing fall colors below me. Okay, the falls and the whirlppol were pretty good too.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA