General Area in Allentown>Question Details

Thewhyguy, Other/Just Looking in Allentown

any detail on the boarded up house on Dixon.st Allentown pa

Asked by Thewhyguy, Allentown Tue May 22, 2012

by any chance was this the home of the mack truck creator

Answers

1
Good question WhyGuy!! I assume you are referring to the home close to the corner of Dixon and Mack Blvd. I did a quick search of the tax records and the only thing I can see is that the City of Allentown bought the property in 1965 for $55,000. Personally I don't think the home was the residence of any of the Mack Brothers. It seems a little too austere for them and it was built in 1890, well before they came to Allentown. Of course these comments about the Mack aspect are just my unfounded opinion, I haven't done any recent research on them. It is a really neat old farmhouse on a pretty large lot and surrounded mostly by city parks. I wonder what the city plans on doing with it.

If you like old houses be sure to check out the 30th Annual West Park Historic House Tour. It is being held on June 17th this year. You can find details at https://www.facebook.com/WpcaHistoricHouseTour
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2012