General Area in 07030>Question Details

Stevie Sayell, Renter in Outside U.S.

32, English and relocating to Parsnippany, want to live within easy reach to Manhattan though, any recommendations? thanks x

Asked by Stevie Sayell, Outside U.S. Wed Jul 3, 2013

Answers

17
Have you looked at Hoboken, NJ?
Hi Stevie, much will depend on your budget - there are some great communities with convenient commuting options to the city and good access to roadways that will reach your workplace. I would add Morristown which has a thriving downtown in and of itself, plus nice communities spoking off of it.

Happy to help in any way,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Web Reference: http://www.FeenickHomes.com
Hi Stevie ... did you get settled yet? Consider the Hudson County, NJ market. Check out Hoboken, where you will find a small walking town urban environment with great restaurants, pubs and shops. Downtown Jersey City features many different lovely neighborhoods to explore, beautiful parks and amazing NYC views. Both of these communities offer easy walking distance to PATH, Ferry, NJ Transit Trains, Bus and Light Rail, easy 5 minute access to NYC, and also are very convenient to all highways and tunnels. Looking forward to discussing this further. Sivya Weis . RE/MAX Gold Coast . Hoboken . (201)951-8306 . sivya@hobokenproperties.com . http://TheHobokenDream.com
Hi Stevie,

Taking the leap across the pond? Welcome! Stevie, not sure where you are with your move, however, there are several NYC Direct Trains from select NJ towns.

If you would like my help in determine BEST NEXT STEPS please give me a call at 973.868.4034 or e-mail me at EmilVeltre@aol.com.

Have a GREAT day!

Emil

Emil Veltre, RPh, MS, CDPE
Realtor Associate
Liberty Realty
Mobile: 973.868.4034
Email: EmilVeltre@aol.com
Web Reference: http://www.EmilVeltre.com
Rockland County possible?? Bordering New Jersey with trains and Buses to NYC, If you are interested contact me at allan.erps@randrealty.com for the great service you deserve. Allan
that's too far from Parsippany!!!
Flag Thu Jul 4, 2013
if you wish to contact my team or me here is the address:

aelroy@HobNJRE.com
Do you have an email address I can contact you on?
Maplewood also has a Jitney service that picks you up at various times in the morning and drops you off at the train station, and then picks you up at the train station and drops you off in your area in the evening. The subscription to this service is actually affordable.

Maplewood has a village area, with quaint stores and establishments. Not as happening as Hoboken, Montclaire or even Moristown, but not a bad place to live at all.

Let me know if you are interests in Maplewood or South Orange, which are practicaly the same town, as I live there and would be happy to acquaint you with it.

Amos Elroy
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
SFR (Short-Sale Specialist Certified)
CHBA (Certified Home Buyer Adviser from NAEA)
CSBA (Certified Home Seller Adviser from NAEA)
NAEA Member (National Association of Expert Advisers)

Residential Real Estate Expert Adviser

Lic. Realtor Associate
EXIT On The Hudson Realty
(888) 462-6573 / (888) HOB-NJRE
FAX (888) 462-6573
Office 201-437-0411
http://www.HobNJRE.com
Hi Stevie

I just replied to your email - hope it was helpful!!

If your husband needs to commute daily into the city, and wants the train - no town in Essex or Morris County will be under 30 min.........the best you can do is the train from S. Orange, Maplewood and/or Millburn,/Short Hills which run around 35- 45 min. You can get to Parsippany within your 30 min preference.

Check out the NJ Transit schedule at their site

http://www.NJTransit.com

Hoboken may be your best option in regard to a very short commute into the city - the drive to Parsippany may run over that 30 min limit, but not by too much - depedning on traffic. As I said in my email, I don't cover that area, but you can easily find agents here who do..

The short term rental may be an issue.........but I do think it is good for you to rent before buying to make sure you're happy with an area. Since you don't have children, moving from one school district to another wouldn't be a concern.

"Talk" more in future email!

Have a great day..
Debbie
i did't have a choice on location, I wanted a move to NYC but this is about as close as I can get for now.

Therefore I need an area where I can drive to work in around half an hour but my husband can get a train into Manhattan within about 30 mins
What about Parsippany that made you choose it?

There are other similar towns with better commutes to NYC.

I can help you win Bergen.Essex and Passaic counties.

NJ rail service towns offer the easiest commute.
Contact me for a free list.
Best wishes
Hi Stevie

In addition to Maplewood, which you asked about on another thread, you might consider Montclair (along with Morristown ) as those towns offer the same kind of "feel", and can satisfy the needs of a younger population......good local restaurants, movie theaters, boutiques and close proximity to NYC..

Much will also depend on your budget.

Are you looking to buy right away, or rent for a period of time first?

I will be happy to discuss your options if you want to reach out to me.

I helped a family relocate from overseas to this general area last year, so I am aware of just how overwhelming this big move can be!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Debbie Rose

Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Because of your relocation to Parsippany I would suggest Morristown for your area of choice. I work with a lot of renters and buyers that commute to NYC everyday from Morristown. The town is always busy and up beat...Always has activities going on for the people living in the area.

Hoboken and Jersey City are closer to NYC but further from Parsippany. Will you be working in Parsippany?

What would your budget be?

Melissa Silva
Weichert Realtors- Morristown East
201-527-7313
realestate.mel.s@gmail.com
On the higher end real estate cost spectrum would be Hoboken and (JC) Jersey City Downtown (both Newport ara and Exchange Place for a more modern style, and Historic Downtown Jersey City for a more bohemian lifestyle.)

On a more modest budget Bayonne, JC Heights and JC Journal Square are easy commute spots with a lot of commercial activity.

Please give us a call if you would like help from our team's experts.

Amos Elroy
SFR (Short-Sale Specialist Certified)

Residential Real Estate Expert Adviser

Lic. Realtor Associate
EXIT On The Hudson Realty
(888) 462-6573 / (888) HOB-NJRE
FAX (888) 462-6573
Office 201-437-0411
http://www.HobNJRE.com
I have no children but I am married. To us the most important thing is transport links, restaurants and somewhere which is quite busy and lively
It depends what is most important to you?

Please be specific. Kids, pets, past times, etc?

Amos Elroy
SFR (Short-Sale Specialist Certified)

Residential Real Estate Expert Adviser

Lic. Realtor Associate
EXIT On The Hudson Realty
(888) 462-6573 / (888) HOB-NJRE
FAX (888) 462-6573
Office 201-437-0411
http://www.HobNJRE.com
I just relocated a couple from the UK to Hoboken NJ. They love it here! shoot me an email and i'll tell you more about Hoboken. nallgyernjrealtor@gmail.com. Looking forward to chatting with you.