Jt3451, Other/Just Looking in Saint Petersburg, FL

5000 Coquina Key Drive St . Petersburg, Florida 33705 , waterside at coquina condos what do you think?

Asked by Jt3451, Saint Petersburg, FL Fri Nov 27, 2009

they have a few forclousres in there and it looks so pretty. what does anyone thing i want to use for a few weeks a year then eventually retire there, like that they have pets and water views. the question is the neighborhood i think it may not be in a very desirable area. let me explain what i want safe safe safe and when i go to a store iw ould like to see nice clean people shopping not rough type. i have owned in largo and this just caught my eye. the part in largo i am in is very nice (washinham and indian rocks area), so how does this area compare? also does anyone know how the complex is builidng quality, management, community, residents, etc etc etc thank you very much

Answers

7
We have bought a condo in the south, (the better of the two areas), and are overjoyed with our purchase!
Not only is it a perfect location for accessing other areas to explore, i.e., The West Coast, Miami, The Keys, Orlando, etc., but it has so much else to offer people who are looking to retire.
There is so much to see and explore and the leisure opportunities are boundless.
Getting back to Waterside.
The Developer owners are methodically working their way through a complete refurbishment programme before selling off the units and when they become available get snapped up rather quickly.
Any communication with the Sales Office will confirm what a little gem of a development this is!
We purchased through a very helpful Realtor based in Tampa and when we came across the area we intructed her to drive down immediately to inspect "our find!"
Waterside's location is faultless, giving fantastic views of either the sun rising or the sun setting, depending where you purchase. The access to watersports, fishing etc., is on the doorstep and our intention is to buy a smallish dayboat to enjoy that lifestyle but also to further our other leisure pursuits, such as golf and touring!
We can only get to Waterside once or twice a year at the moment as we our both working out our notices over in England, but when retirement becomes fulltime our bags will already be packed!
Coquina Key here we come!!
David & Jane.
I am trying to purchase and am having a hard time finding a bank to finance due to the % of rentals there. I have a 803 credit rating and a downpayment. But only brokers want to finance and thy do not want to lock in rate and charge an arm and leg in points and closing. Can u guide me in the right direction. I already have a contract with a seller and just want to ASAP.
pattyhughes35@gmail.com
Flag Tue Oct 21, 2014
First let me start off by saying it has nothing to do with race or color of skin. I am sure in the complex there are very very wonderful people, but I personally thought the property did not look as well kept as it could be. Secondly if you drive around the surrounding areas there are nice homes and some very poor looking homes and businesses. I apologise as I did not respond to insult anyone, but feel it is not a location for ME. The water was spectacular but I would feel a bit depressed driving through the area everyday. I guess I am just one who likes shopping plazas and a little more fresh look to the area.
Thank you
I'm glad you checked it out. If you are interested in waterfront property I would be happy to help you find what you are looking for. I have one property on my website that has beautiful water views at Seapoint Terrace...check it out at http://www.debschnitzler.com. Happy hunting!
ok i went to look at the area, i thought it was very very poor. the complex itself is looking a little run down, cars int he complex many old and run down. the water views are spectacular but thats it. the neighborhood surrounding was not a good area at all. i would not buy one there at all as i dont think it will ever come up again unless they demolish the surrounding area. it does not look or feel safe. it looked depressing and rough/rundown.
anyone who spent th money on these a few years ago either nought them sight unseen or were not the sharpest sticks. now i know why there are so many forclosures there. yes it has water views but thats all it has. there are many many better choices out there, i would stay away (my own opinion)
To some buyers "safe" means a gated community and to others it means bars on their windows so I recommend that you drive around the areas and determine what area YOU like and feel safe in before you begin looking at real estate. The area you mentioned was once an apartment complex and has been turned into condominums. There are some magnificent water views and it is a gated community. I have shown many properties in this development. Some overlook canals and other open water. Take a drive and check it out. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Hi! I am an agent that specializes in the St Petersburg area, and Waterside is a great option for great priced waterfront living! It is a gated community with 24hr security. There are a variety of size (and priced) units and a variety of water views-such as smaller canals or wide open Tampa Bay. Some have sunset views and some have sunrise views! There are alot of amazing deals there now! Most of the units have washer/dryer within the unit, and as you know, pets and rentals are allowed. There is a beautiful waterfront resort style pool and spa & restaurant, tennis, sand volleyball, state of the art fitness center and fishing pier.

We have a Waterside 2 bedroom listed that is currently under contract with a list price $79,500. It was originally purchased in 2007 for $251K (that is $325/per sq ft) you can view it at http://www.4875coquinakeyc.smithandassociates.com/photogallery/

There are currently 37 units for sale at Waterside (including both the North and South communities) with 64 additional units currently under contract. It is a desireable community and 110 units have sold there this year alone! That is about 10 every month!!! I do not know any other community with sales like that! The sales have increased lately, because they just received FHA approval as a community and can now be financed FHA with only 3.5% down payment.

If you'd like to take a look at all of the units currently available at Waterside simply click on
http://hendriksteam.listingbook.com/?node=16-0-email_listings…
(I attached them here for you)

Please take a moment to visit us at http://www.hendriksteam.smithandassociates.com for more great info.
And let me know if you have any additional questions or if you would like to tour this community-
Blessings & Regards,
Cindy H

Cindy Hendriks
The HENDRIKS Team
Smith and Associates Real Estate
330 Beach Drive NE
St Petersburg, FL 33701
o-727-342-3800
c-727-365-4591
http://www.twitter.com/realestateMom
http://www.hendriksteam.smithandassociates.com
cindy@hendriksteam.com
As a retired Pinellas County Deputy Sheriff, I would recommend you contact the local police department to find out the crime rate in the area you are considering. They can provide you with statics and such that will help you make an informed decision. You could also consider going to the area and talking to people you might find out and about and ask them how it is to live there.