General Area in Sacramento>Question Details

kantoske, Renter in Sacramento, CA

Young professional moving to Sacramento. Where are the hot spots to rent in the Downtown area?

Asked by kantoske, Sacramento, CA Fri Aug 17, 2012

I'm looking for a more urban area that's within walking distance to bars, restaurants and where other yuppies are living. Any insight into specific areas with some thoughts on what the vibe is like would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

3
Were you looking for buying or renting? The East Sac area is where alot of young professionals and young families like to be. It's really going to be dependent on affordability for you
Renting. I'm looking for (hopefully) a 2 br, pet-friendly option within the $1400-$1500/month price range. We've noticed some homes in the East Sac area that seem relatively affordable. Is this a good price range to find something decent?
Flag Tue Aug 21, 2012
Good day,

You are looking for a part of Sacramento called “Midtown”. Many folks who live in Midtown do not have cars due to the fact they can walk everywhere to everything, shopping, entertainment, dining and night life.
You want to look for an area called the “grid”. Midtown is a fairly large area and the closer you get to the “grid” the closer you are to everything. Rents may be a touch higher nearer the ‘grid’ as appose to 10-12 blocks away.
All the best and welcome to Sacramento!
I don't know about you, but if I was twenty-something again and looking for a hot area that vibrates at night, I'd be headed for Midtown over downtown. And I'd want to live on a north-south street rather than east-west because I'd want a quieter location with less traffic, especially on a Sunday morning.