General Area in Lebanon>Question Details

Neramey, Home Buyer in Whitestown, IN

Would like to talk more to Robinw611 about her feelings about this area. I'm looking to move AWAY from the crap of "people" and

Asked by Neramey, Whitestown, IN Mon Jun 4, 2012

don't want to jump... ...the frying pan into the fire. Very concerned about the people in Lebanon...I've heard from other sources they're awful as a whole.

Answers

3
They are friendly if you are related to them. Very rude to any outsiders. Some of the cashiers can't do more than grunt at you when giving change. Say hi and they look at you like you have a blue noodle growing out of your head. Lots of dysfunctional people most clubs here are AA, drug rehab and probation
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
You have heard right -if you are related to someone in this inbred backwards redneck area they are friendly -out of towners beware!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
Neramey, I'm interested to know what you mean when you say "aweful." I'm new to living in this area, although I'm not a newbie TO the area. I was under the same impression, but have come to find that the people I have encountered in Lebanon are just as nice as most rural communities. Lebanon is a friendly and welcoming area and that is why I have decided to sell real estate in this area. If you are concerned about the friendliness of this community, I would suggest that you come to the town and do a bit of interacting with the people. That should help you to feel more 'at home.'

I've visited many restaurants and business establishments and so far I have always been treated with courtesy and friendly respect. And you could always consider some of the close, surrounding rural areas like Thorntown, I guess.